Jeff Horner to ISU? [No chance]

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Re: Jeff Horner to ISU?

They were talking on the Murph & Andy Show yesterday about him going to North Dakota possibly.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

He is not a real good coach. He has had tons of talent at Valley and has not performed.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

He hates ISU with a passion, not going to happen.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA

I've hated Horner since he was playing football with Mason City and then obviously with his career at Iowa. The guy is just a *********. I would love to see him end up with a coaching job on the Iowa staff.. he's a horrible coach and would love to see him fail there.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

Jeff is a good guy but I can see why people might not like him. Grew up playing AAU ball with him and he definitely got the most **** during games.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

Jeff is a good guy but I can see why people might not like him. Grew up playing AAU ball with him and he definitely got the most **** during games.

Is there a reason people hate him?

I coached Iowa camps when he was going into 9th grade? i believe..playing in the all star game against recent seniors. He struggled at first and i could hear kids chirping at him, it was getting pretty audible at one point.
He comes down 3 straight posessions...3-4 feet behind the arc...netting all 3. Everybody shut up.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

Is there a reason people hate him?

I coached Iowa camps when he was going into 9th grade? i believe..playing in the all star game against recent seniors. He struggled at first and i could hear kids chirping at him, it was getting pretty audible at one point.
He comes down 3 straight posessions...3-4 feet behind the arc...netting all 3. Everybody shut up.

A lot of people thought he was arrogant and would *****/moan about calls. I would go to both Iowa and ISU camps but her wouldn't even acknowledge ISU recruiting/letters. Dean Oliver was his mentor. I think Jeff is the youngest to ever commit to Iowa.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

Jeff leaving Vally is a good thing for ISU IMO. The West side metro schools like Vally are going to recruit (yes, recruit) the best DSM talent and having a guy that almost flaunted his dislike for ISU was not a good thing. Finish getting all the hawks out of DSM as far as I'm concerned.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007

Heard he will be Director of Basketball Operations for University of North Dakota. School isn't ready to announce it yet so he is keeping quiet as well.

I haven't been a fan of his coaching in the past but his team went all the way to the state final this year without a high D1 recruit like he has had in the past (Abrahamson, Jok). Have to give credit where credit is due.