Most Annoying Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Anyone have one?

I have a friend that makes every Facebook post about as dramatic as possible just to ensure she gets a bunch of likes, tweets about how crappy her life is and constantly asking why she's single, and snapchats at least 10 different, random stupid pictures a day.

It's gotten to the point where everyone she knows, including me, are blocking her from social media. And the sad thing is, she's pretty cool in person and not a drama queen, which is why I'd still consider us good friends. She's just annoying as all hell.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The worst on FB are the ones that post a status that is vague. Something along the lines of 'please send thoughts and prayers today for a friend' or 'XX is feeling sad'. That is flat out begging people to comment asking what happened, who to, etc. Give all the info possible and don't post looking for sympathy comments. Bugs the crap out of me.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
The worst on FB are the ones that post a status that is vague. Something along the lines of 'please send thoughts and prayers today for a friend' or 'XX is feeling sad'. That is flat out begging people to comment asking what happened, who to, etc. Give all the info possible and don't post looking for sympathy comments. Bugs the crap out of me.

I hate the begging for interest post. The vague and ambiguous post that's just begging for someone to say "What's wrong?" I also hate the prayer requests for every little miniscule thing in their lives. So annoying.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I can't stand facebook drama. I'm going to go complain about that right now on facbeook.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone have one?

I have a friend that makes every Facebook post about as dramatic as possible just to ensure she gets a bunch of likes, tweets about how crappy her life is and constantly asking why she's single, and snapchats at least 10 different, random stupid pictures a day.

It's gotten to the point where everyone she knows, including me, are blocking her from social media. And the sad thing is, she's pretty cool in person and not a drama queen, which is why I'd still consider us good friends. She's just annoying as all hell.

You call Fitzy a she? Weird.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I hate the begging for interest post. The vague and ambiguous post that's just begging for someone to say "What's wrong?" I also hate the prayer requests for every little miniscule thing in their lives. So annoying.

I also blocked someone recently for the same type of vague, cryptic posts. Drove me crazy.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
We have a friend who is not rich but likes to pretend she is. Constantly posting about buying this or that and ALWAYS has to throw the brand name in there.

"Bought my (fat ***) son this $2,000 GIANT bicycle."

"Going to pick up my new Land Rover tonight."

They buy expensive **** JUST so they can brag about it on Facebook, I'm convinced.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone have one?

Oh and if she's hot, I'll volunteer to keep her off of social networking for a few hours.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My most annoying friend is someone who I work with. She's really dense. Asks the stupidest questions. Pretty sure she has a crush on me but I wouldn't be interested even if she was attractive, which she's not.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
My most annoying friend is someone who I work with. She's really dense. Asks the stupidest questions. Pretty sure she has a crush on me but I wouldn't be interested even if she was attractive, which she's not.

yes you would.:twitcy:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
My dilemma is that I get annoyed every time I look at Facebook and just want to stop. Then I realize that the things that annoy me are really the only reason I look. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
I have a good buddy on mine on FB. We ran cross country together at Simpson. He does a lot of triathlons and all his posts are about his training. "Bike xx miles today with the wind." "Ran xx miles today in xx.xx time. I feel great" "I had a double training session today with so and so and it was epic. Here are my times."

It gets annoying so fast. And when we meet up in person then I have to listen to him tell me all about it. It has driven a wedge in the friendship.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
i have multiple friend's wives that do this. they have all been hidden on FB. if you wanted to have a kid and then never go back to work, don't complain about how stressful being a stay at home mom is.

oh you have to get rid of cable to be able to afford a kid at 24 on one paycheck, that's awful (jerking motion)

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just have one that has to win an argument like no matter what. He has to be right. He'll bring in some bull **** technicality out of left field. It pisses me off to no end.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I just have one that has to win an argument like no matter what. He has to be right. He'll bring in some bull **** technicality out of left field. It pisses me off to no end.

20 posts for the first non-Facebook related answer. Another reminder why I have never created a Facebook profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron