Ryan Anderson Visit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
About to graduate from ISU this week so I caught myself spending Friday night at Mickey's Irish Pub on Welch and was surprised to see Hogue, Anderson, Jameel Mckay and a few others enjoying the patio. My friend who is a frequent partaker in vegas bombs had the idea of buying Anderson one (Not a very strong one I might add). Long story short, we had a short conversation and he said that he will be visiting Arizona next week and that will be his final visit. Looked like he had significant shoulder surgery as he was strapped up with a sling. But wow, 2015-2016 season could be special with him, McKay, and Niang as our front line! Mckay and Anderson are huge!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
About to graduate from ISU this week so I caught myself spending Friday night at Mickey's Irish Pub on Welch and was surprised to see Hogue, Anderson, Jameel Mckay and a few others enjoying the patio. My friend who is a frequent partaker in vegas bombs had the idea of buying Anderson one (Not a very strong one I might add). Long story short, we had a short conversation and he said that he will be visiting Arizona next week and that will be his final visit. Looked like he had significant shoulder surgery as he was strapped up with a sling. But wow, 2015-2016 season could be special with him, McKay, and Niang as our front line! Mckay and Anderson are huge!

I think the NCAA will get us now.

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
He was not wearing cyclone gear, not even our guys were. Friday night on Welch. I think some of them are starting to warm up to Mickey's. Its more low key there and they don't have to talk to every single person they make eye contact with much like they have to do at Cy's

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Yes, we would indeed be loaded. I'm not surprised that he's only seriously considering us and Arizona. Hopefully he liked his visit and thinks this is the better of the two opportunities.

Our front court would be one of the best, if not the best in the country with Anderson.

Miles4Cy

Dec 4, 2013
I'm preparing for Emmert arrive at my door step on knapp street. I was planning to take him to Super Dog for dinner

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

If it means anything, I really appreciate the update and info even if it isn't anything too breaking. The biggest thing I take away from it is that it really is just coming down to us and Arizona for visits, which likely means that it is really just down to us and Arizona. As of right now, I'd put things at 50-50 or even 40-60 that he goes with us. I really don't like the fact that Arizona will be the last thing he remembers. Prior to his visit here, odds went in our favor beings how we were his first visit (many transfers end up committing on their first visit), however now that he has come and gone without a commit, I think our chances have dropped substantially. However, I still stand by my 40%-50% likelihood for the good guys. Would love to see him in cardinal and gold.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
At least the weather wasn't ****** ! Otherwise, he'd pick Zona in a heartbeat.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

Thanks for the post.

Isn't he suppose to get surgery on BOTH shoulders? That's concerning

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Was hoping he would skip the Arizona visit, but maybe we'll still get him. Only concern is how Miller will probably lose some studs to the NBA after next year and he'll promise him the world. Hope Fred was able to convince him how special our 2015-16 team could be.