Up Down bar

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Just checked out this place for the first time. Kind of dingy but for $25 on Sunday you get a fanny pack, 6 tall boys, and a pound of tokens. They also have some decent beer on tap. They probably have 50 arcade games.

Just be careful when you walk out of the bar. I saw a tall hottie in a leather skirt and then I realized I was across the street from the Blazing Saddle.:shocked:

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
Just checked out this place for the first time. Kind of dingy but for $25 on Sunday you get a fanny pack, 6 tall boys, and a pound of tokens. They also have some decent beer on tap. They probably have 50 arcade games.

Just be careful when you walk out of the bar. I saw a tall hottie in a leather skirt and then I realized I was across the street from the Blazing Saddle.:shocked:

Heard good things about this bar, but I've never been. I have also never been to blazing saddles, thank god.

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
Stopped by Up Down yesterday afternoon with my bachelor party after playing laser tag at the new CMP Tactical. Both places that I would go again. Fortunately, we bypassed Blazing Saddles.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Up down can be a lot of fun. I'll just say avoid it on friday\saturday nights. I know all bars get busy on those nights, but with a bar like this there's no point if you cant get to the games easily, plus being in the basement there with little ventilation it gets extremely hot. I think they need to do some maintenance on some of their games though, more than once ive found a joystick not working. But overall the value is good

And... add me to the list that hasnt been to blazing saddle lol.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Since all these guys are lying and saying they haven't been to Blazing Saddles, I'll also lie and say I have been there.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Its a fun bar my friends go to up down about once or twice a month... Wednesdays are perfect as it's buy one get one tokens and u can take them home and bring them back next time and tall boys are $3

Also have not been to blazing saddles

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
I tried to go to Up/Down after a concert at the place next door last fall. It was far too packed. Having been to a couple of other beercades, it was not high on my list. If they really have 50 arcade games though, that is solid.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Up down can be a lot of fun. I'll just say avoid it on friday\saturday nights. I know all bars get busy on those nights, but with a bar like this there's no point if you cant get to the games easily, plus being in the basement there with little ventilation it gets extremely hot. I think they need to do some maintenance on some of their games though, more than once ive found a joystick not working. But overall the value is good

And... add me to the list that hasnt been to blazing saddle lol.

We went to blazing Saddles one night bar hopping down in east village ten years ago (when I still did that) with friends, the girls we were with like to dance there and we were with a gay friend. My 6'4 340 pound burly bearded friend (think grizzley adams head on farnioks body) who is as straight as they come was a gay magnet. It was pretty funny. I thought it would be the opposite but it was like he was chumming for fish we had to leave after he had to say sorry am straight 30 times. I didn't get approached once, which oddly made me feel inadequate and less manly. Wierd night but was fun. I have been to a lesbian bar too and that was a lot of fun actually.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
We went to blazing Saddles one night bar hopping down in east village ten years ago (when I still did that) with friends, the girls we were with like to dance there and we were with a gay friend. My 6'4 340 pound burly bearded friend (think grizzley adams head on farnioks body) who is as straight as they come was a gay magnet. It was pretty funny. I thought it would be the opposite but it was like he was chumming for fish we had to leave after he had to say sorry am straight 30 times. I didn't get approached once, which oddly made me feel inadequate and less manly. Wierd night but was fun. I have been to a lesbian bar too and that was a lot of fun actually.

How is that different than a gay bar? Genuinely curious... er, wanting to know. Not curious:)