NFL: 2014 NFL Draft

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
The NFL Draft is less than a week away. I can't wait to see what will happen this year. It seems like this years draft is wide open.

As a Vikings fan, I hope to see them go with the best player available at number 8, then pick up a solid QB in round two. Many experts believe that there will be a lot of quality QB's still available in Round 2.

I would not mind seeing Johnny Football in Purple and Gold. He may be a complete bust, but he will bring excitement and fun back to Minnesota.

Discuss who you think your team should draft and what needs your team is looking for!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The NFL Draft is less than a week away. I can't wait to see what will happen this year. It seems like this years draft is wide open.

As a Vikings fan, I hope to see them go with the best player available at number 8, then pick up a solid QB in round two. Many experts believe that there will be a lot of quality QB's still available in Round 2.

I would not mind seeing Johnny Football in Purple and Gold. He may be a complete bust, but he will bring excitement and fun back to Minnesota.

Discuss who you think your team should draft and what needs your team is looking for!

Not Johnny Football. They can take anyone else. Not him.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Bears probably need a tackle and some secondary help. Maybe a kick returner, because I think the one they signed got arrested recently.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
On a recent mock draft, I saw that they had the Vikings taking Mike Evans at #8 for the Vikings. We do not need WR as much as some other postions. Depending on who is left on the board, Vikings should take the best available. QB is so risky round 1 and the Vikings do not have the history of being able to draft a good QB in round 1 aka Ponder.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
why not what qb would you rather have

He's got bust written all over him, not to mention, he's not a Norv Turner type QB anyway. The only QB who'd be worth taking, for Minnesota, at 8 would be Bortles. Maaaaaaaaybe Bridgewater. Maybe. They'd be much better served taking a corner, d-lineman or linebacker, and grabbing a QB in the second round, maybe Carr, Garoppolo, or Bridgewater if he falls that far.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Also, whichever team gets Aaron Donald is going to be very lucky. that guy is going to be a beast. I know Chicago was pretty high on him. He'd be perfect in their 4-3. But his stock has been rising as of late, and he might not be around when they pick.

H

HGPuck

My dream scenario for the Vikings is to trade pick 8 (along with 40 and maybe a late rounder) to end up with a package like 18, 30, and 50. Then take a secondary guy or linebacker at 18, one of the top guards at 30, and either a quarterback or another defensive player at 50.

In terms of quarterbacks there is nobody I would trade up for, would be fine with either Bortles or Manziel if they are available at 8 but not thrilled, would be fine with Carr or Bridgewater in the 20s if they trade back, or several possibilities on day 2.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Is the Draft actually going to happen? Whoever decided to delay it two extra weeks is a moron. Can we just get on with it already...I can only take so much Mel and McShay debating the same stuff day after day.

Anyways...I'm thinking the Broncos address linebacker and D-line. Maybe grab a corner in the first three rounds if a good one is available. They need to add some O-line depth too.

I'm interested to see where Manziel goes...it's been a while since there's been a player this polarizing in the Draft. I would love to see the Cowboys take him after giving Romo all that money. It would just add to the Dallas circus

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
He's got bust written all over him, not to mention, he's not a Norv Turner type QB anyway. The only QB who'd be worth taking, for Minnesota, at 8 would be Bortles. Maaaaaaaaybe Bridgewater. Maybe. They'd be much better served taking a corner, d-lineman or linebacker, and grabbing a QB in the second round, maybe Carr, Garoppolo, or Bridgewater if he falls that far.

I don't like any of the QB's being projected to go early. I think teams can find just as good QB's in the second round or later...or get by until the 2015 Draft when you will have guys like Winston, Mariotta, Hundley, Petty and the Hogan kid from Stanford

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Is the Draft actually going to happen? Whoever decided to delay it two extra weeks is a moron. Can we just get on with it already...I can only take so much Mel and McShay debating the same stuff day after day.

Goodell is ruining the draft. First moving it to Thursday night has ruined the all day Saturday party for the draft. Now moving it back 2 weeks sucks. There are reports that they might expand it to a 4th day.

H

HGPuck

I pretty much agree with this on QBs in this draft. There is nobody I would feel comfortable taking in the top 5. I kind of see Bortles and Manziel as a poor man's Luck/RG3. I think if Bortles lands with the right team where he gets some refinement and development for a year or so he can end up being a slightly lesser version of Luck. Manziel is like RG3 for me with an even higher risk of injury, but its entirely possible he will be dynamic and make an impact for a team for awhile.

Looking a year out on QBs there seem to be a lot of years were it is projected to be really good, but by the time they play another season and go through the process a variety of things happen and they get downgraded. Much like happened with this years class of QBs, Bridgewater in particular. So I wouldn't hold my breath on there being more than one maybe two top end QB prospects by the time next years draft rolls around.
I don't like any of the QB's being projected to go early. I think teams can find just as good QB's in the second round or later...or get by until the 2015 Draft when you will have guys like Winston, Mariotta, Hundley, Petty and the Hogan kid from Stanford

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Goodell is ruining the draft. First moving it to Thursday night has ruined the all day Saturday party for the draft. Now moving it back 2 weeks sucks. There are reports that they might expand it to a 4th day.

The NFL needs to look up the old saying 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it'. They can't just leave stuff alone, can they. Hey let's move the Draft to three days and have the first round by itself on Thursday. Hey let's move the Draft out two more weeks to have more nauseating hype and buildup. Hey one London game isn't enough, let's do three. Edit: I almost forgot about adding another team to the playoffs

Why not just have the Draft be seven days and have one round each night? I guarantee Goodell will want a Super Bowl in London before he's done as commish. UGH

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Pretty sure the NFL is going back to the same normal weekend next year. There was something going on at the place they always have it this year.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
My dream scenario for the Vikings is to trade pick 8 (along with 40 and maybe a late rounder) to end up with a package like 18, 30, and 50. Then take a secondary guy or linebacker at 18, one of the top guards at 30, and either a quarterback or another defensive player at 50.

That move should get any GM immediately canned. Especially this year.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Ponder is terrible. Spielman should be on the hot seat or fired for that pick. If Manziel or Bortels are on the board, you go with that for sure.

Help Support Us

Become a patron