WTF Maintenance guy?

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
So I was sleeping in today at my apartment, and I just got done having some drywall work done because the ceiling in my bathroom was leaking from the apartment above. And the Drywall guy was fine yesterday, but today I wake up to someone in my apartment who is talking loudly and wondering around. He doesn't knock or state that he is maintenance, so I didn't know what the heck was going on.

So I get up out of bed and check to see who the hell is in my apartment wondering around, I see there is a bucket of paint, so I figure out it is just a maintenance guy. But when I go out to my living room, he is sitting there, on my ******* couch eating my ******* food. When I confront him about it he says that it is his own food that he is eating and not mine. I tell him to get to work or GTFO, and that I will be calling my landlord about this.

I can only imagine what would have happened if I wasn't here today. I'm not racist but the guy was Mexican and I could hardly understand anything he was saying. I think i scared the **** out of him, but I don't really care.

Just a story I thought you would all enjoy.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
landlord, hell call the cops!

* but as say this as a female who would freak the **** out at a strange man breaking into my apartment while I'm sleeping.

But if you have any proof that it was your food, I'd definitely turn that over to the landlord as well. Clearly this person should be fired.

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
landlord, hell call the cops!

* but as say this as a female who would freak the **** out at a strange man breaking into my apartment while I'm sleeping.

But if you have any proof that it was your food, I'd definitely turn that over to the landlord as well. Clearly this person should be fired.

Well the lid was off of my cashews and he said he was eating nuts but they were his. I'm not going to call the cops but I will be giving the landlord a stern call later. I don't like strange people in my apartment when I'm not here and that is why.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You might want to look into some bottled water, energy bars, and bookcases.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well the lid was off of my cashews and he said he was eating nuts but they were his. I'm not going to call the cops but I will be giving the landlord a stern call later. I don't like strange people in my apartment when I'm not here and that is why.

Why are you posting on here but waiting to do this. I'd call them ASAP.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My Westbrook Apts manager came into our apartment when I was in the shower. No warning. That was pretty ****ed up. I should have walked out and wagged it at him.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
In our first apartment, the managing company was bad at notifying us when they needed to come in for maintenance. The husband and I both worked overnights, so here we are asleep at 10a, and the maintenance guy walks right in to change the furnace filter. He got shouted out of there.

Our current landlord has been good about letting us know when they need to do something. i.e. I know next Thursday they're coming in for bug spray and furnace filter check.

We won't talk about the plumber he let in that we asked to fix the downstairs toilet, but the plumber went and looked at the upstairs toilet. Gah.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
In our first apartment, the managing company was bad at notifying us when they needed to come in for maintenance. The husband and I both worked overnights, so here we are asleep at 10a, and the maintenance guy walks right in to change the furnace filter. He got shouted out of there.

Our current landlord has been good about letting us know when they need to do something. i.e. I know next Thursday they're coming in for bug spray and furnace filter check.

We won't talk about the plumber he let in that we asked to fix the downstairs toilet, but the plumber went and looked at the upstairs toilet. Gah.

We have to replace our own filters :(

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
So I just called my landlord and they basically said "well we don't think he works for us" and I said he has a ******* key to my apartment. And they said that basically they contract out work for drywall stuff. I told them that if I was a woman here alone I would be very scared of what just happened. They acted like it was no big deal so I got pretty ****** at them. I told them to call me back when they solved the problem or I would call again asking them what they did about it. They don't seem to care, at all.......so I doubt anything gets done about it. Not sure what my next step should be, if I was a landlord I wouldn't want that person doing stuff for me.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That was an ok story, needed better character development and a plot twist or two wouldn't have hurt.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
So I just called my landlord and they basically said "well we don't think he works for us" and I said he has a ******* key to my apartment. And they said that basically they contract out work for drywall stuff. I told them that if I was a woman here alone I would be very scared of what just happened. They acted like it was no big deal so I got pretty ****** at them. I told them to call me back when they solved the problem or I would call again asking them what they did about it. They don't seem to care, at all.......so I doubt anything gets done about it. Not sure what my next step should be, if I was a landlord I wouldn't want that person doing stuff for me.

your next step is to move.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron