NBA: Fire Joey Crawford

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Honestly, why is he still in the league? I've heard Stern was buddies with him but he's got to go. Somehow he always manages to put all the attention on himself during games.

All of these are fun to watch, but he shouldn't have a job after this.

First

[video=youtube;vaZIAXJJDKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ[/video]

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
And who can forget the technical he gave to Duncan for laughing, and eventually getting ejected:

[video=youtube;kOygTd1NWCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM[/video]

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
And then last night, stopping Durant while in rhythm to check the monitor for...nothing.

[video=youtube;G9nI4zlEW2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9nI4zlEW2A[/video]

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
What he did last night was terrible. Completely ruined Durant's concentration

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
And playing defense on Curry...
giphy.gif

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I don't really follow the NBA, but I did read up and see some of this. I am surprised in one video one of the announcers says "he's one of the best refs in the business"...I think a lot of NBA players would beg to differ.

He strikes me as one of those refs that wants to always be in the spotlight.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I just saw last nights clip. What in the hell was he doing? I can't imagine it was anything important enough that it couldn't wait until the next dead ball.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
The best shooter in the world misses a FT and we blame Crawford? Now, he was being his usual show-boat self and acting like a fool, but let's not leave Durant totally out of this. Make a FT MVP.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think as far as stupid stuff that Joey Crawford has done interrupting a free throw is pretty much at the bottom, the more likely reason Durant missed is he was tired from playing in the 4th straight OT game.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I think if I was that scorekeeper I would have flipped him the bird said "do it yourself you a-hole."

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Somehow he always manages to put all the attention on himself during games.

I don't like the NBA at all, but I happened to catch the free throw clip from last night. Thought to myself it's a shame that I actually know the name of one of the referees in the game. He absolutely does make the game about him and they shouldn't let it continue. Too many clips about Crawford. Everyone else is playing basketball while he thinks he's refereeing WWE.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The best shooter in the world misses a FT and we blame Crawford? Now, he was being his usual show-boat self and acting like a fool, but let's not leave Durant totally out of this. Make a FT MVP.

To paraphrase Royce White, Durant is looking pretty shaky this post season.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good players make shots through adversity.

no different than a great touchdown called back by a bogus penalty....you gotta play through it.

Why did Crawford even stop Durant from shooting? I agree a simple whistle with a "give me the ball back" type gesture would do just fine.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don't like the NBA at all, but I happened to catch the free throw clip from last night. Thought to myself it's a shame that I actually know the name of one of the referees in the game. He absolutely does make the game about him and they shouldn't let it continue. Too many clips about Crawford. Everyone else is playing basketball while he thinks he's refereeing WWE.

Even WWE refs are more in the background than him. Maybe once a year does a storyline involve a ref getting involved in a match.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron