Craig Ferguson Leaving Late, Late Show

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Craig is the best interviewer of the bunch but his show wasn't for everyone.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
He was only given this job after a bunch of other people declined it, right? He was a little too different to last so long. Even having a late night host with an accent is still a tough sell.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I liked Craig's show because it didn't feel so forced and scripted like the other shows. Letterman, Leno, Conan, it was all just questions that they ok'd before the show and then they make it seem like it's all off the cuff and the host would bring up some stupid question that nobody would ever ask about in natural conversation.

Most times Craig was just sitting down to talk with his guests rather than a strict interview to promote a movie or whatever.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I heard about a week ago Chelsey Lately was taking over his spot.

I also heard he there was a clause in his contract paying him between $5-10 million if he didn't replace Letterman.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'd love to see the Sklar Brothers host a late night show in this time slot.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I said that to my husband a few weeks ago when we saw a guy coming out of Hy-Vee wearing them. So glad that only a few people get that joke, or we might have had an altercation. :wink:

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
He was only given this job after a bunch of other people declined it, right? He was a little too different to last so long. Even having a late night host with an accent is still a tough sell.

Which is a shame. Graham Norton puts all the current American late night hosts to shame. Better interviews, skits, improvisation. just a higher tier of quality.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I liked Craig's show because it didn't feel so forced and scripted like the other shows. Letterman, Leno, Conan, it was all just questions that they ok'd before the show and then they make it seem like it's all off the cuff and the host would bring up some stupid question that nobody would ever ask about in natural conversation.

Most times Craig was just sitting down to talk with his guests rather than a strict interview to promote a movie or whatever.

His interviews could just be hilarious. Especially with some of the actresses.

[video=youtube;eqS3Tm2gXwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqS3Tm2gXwY[/video]

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'd love to see the Sklar Brothers host a late night show in this time slot.

Eh....I listen to their podcast (which is a good listen) and let's just say that interviewing is not their strong suit. They'd have to be given a lot of leeway to really change up the format to work.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
His interviews could just be hilarious. Especially with some of the actresses.

[video=youtube;eqS3Tm2gXwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqS3Tm2gXwY[/video]
His interviews with Alice Eve are some of my favorites of his.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron