Friday QOTW 4/25 - What is difficult for most people but easy for you?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My Friday Question of The Week: What is a difficult thing for most people but easy for you to do?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Memorizing things. I have what you call an Eidetic memory or more commonly referred to as a photographic memory. I've been studied a few times and since I am one of the few partially deaf people with this ability so they were trying to see what correlation takes place because of that.

As I've grown older it has changed to more of HSAM or Highly Superior Auobiographical Memory. Basically I can remember rediculous things from my past down to what color shirt this person was wearing on that day.

Most people with an Eidetic Memory have one thing that they can't remember at all though... mine is Music Lyrics which is most likely because I can't hear them all that well. I'm terrible at it. But I can memorize a speech with only a couple reads.

Some others:

I can be pretty emotionless whenever I need to be. But it's a blessing and a curse.

I've heard that resisting the temptation to cheat on your SO is difficult for a lot of men. Not me.

Pies. For some reason I am fantastic at making pies.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Well back in college I would've said Econ classes. Somehow I got an A in every Econ class after the first one. Don't know why, but it clicked.

People also can't tell just how drunk I am. Had my cop cousin give me a sobriety test after a long evening of boozing. He said he'd pass me. The BAC was well above .08. There's been many times where I'm **** faced at a gathering and no one can tell. Is step 1 admitting you have a problem

Today it'd be lovemaking.

Last edited:

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
Being awesome.

For me it was Trig in high school. For some reason it clicked with me which is strange because I am awful at math.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Zoning out and running long distances on a treadmill. It usually drives most people mad to be on a treadmill for a long time, but I've ran half-marathons on it before.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
On my left foot, I can cross the pinkie toe over the fourth toe.
I can grill a steak with only one flip.
I can pick up song lyrics after about two listens.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Zoning out and running long distances on a treadmill. It usually drives most people mad to be on a treadmill for a long time, but I've ran half-marathons on it before.

whoa! that is crazy. Just 10 minutes feels like torture to me.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
All aspects of school were easy for me. Most difficult is moderation of vices.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'd have to say multiple choice tests are pretty easy for me. However, I have a hard time remembering peoples names and faces.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Probably reading people and how they feel about a situation. Maybe that's not hard for everyone, but it sure feels like my husband and some of my family can't pick up on when someone feels left out/angry/shy/whatever.

I'm good with numbers, too. Not in a math way (sadly), but in remembering them way. I used to be called the walking computer on our farm due to my useful ability to recall birth dates, sire numbers, calf ids, etc., off hand. It has translated well to my current job.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
I didn't miss a calc 2 or 3 problem in college without putting in any effort. It just clicked and I was always able to figure it out. I don't think I have done a calc problem since my freshman year of college.