post spring game depth chart

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Probably biggest surprise is Daley dropping. They aren't exactly broadcasting who the top two quarterbacks are either.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No Quan West?

Is Brackens #2 because he is still serving some sort of team penalty?

Makes clear that Lanning was #3 after all, just working with the #2s for the scrimmage since we already knew Richardson would be ahead of him.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
The interior of the D-line looks even worse on paper. Also, losing Moore and not having Floyd on campus yet makes safety look scary.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Probably biggest surprise is Daley dropping. They aren't exactly broadcasting who the top two quarterbacks are either.

I think CPR made some remark about Daley being injured this spring and not getting the reps he needs. I think that could be part of it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I thought he joined practices late because of an injury? The only shock would be if he's not starting against team lakesbison.

Didn't Brackens play with the 1s in the spring game?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The biggest surprise to me is Oni over Lalk. It has been that way for awhile but I thought Lalk was pretty damn good last year. That means Oni has been very very good this spring.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting:

Daley dropped all the way to 3 at WR? Wonder if he is in the doghouse or something? He looked very good last year.

Garcia moved to #1 at DT.

Omoile over Lalk at Guard.

Nice springs for PJ Harris and Lawry, moving up the WR depth chart.

Leslie moved in front of West at TE.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
They don't want Richardson to leave.

That actually wouldn't surprise me very much. I'm actually amazed he didn't transfer already. It really is unfair to him not to name a starter until the fall. If they named Rohach now he could still find an FBS home for the fall. And while I still think Richardson should be our starting QB this year, I think the Spring Game made it clear Rohach is who the coaches have as the #1 QB.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Have class with Jordan Harris and talked to him about how his spring was going. He said he's really happy he came here this spring since the defense is completely different from anything he's played in so far so it has been a lot of learning (As has been reported by Chris). Seems pretty confident that he can make the leap by the time fall comes around after getting to know the playbook more.