Reeves/Bauer

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Here's something I just found that happened over the weekend. Sorry if it was already posted. Really liked Reeves at ISU and have been following Jeff Bauer's career in pro football and he's really climbed the ladder with the Jets.

6. Sleeper with speed: It was overshadowed by the Jackson news and the Sanchez signing, but the Jets picked up an interesting player Friday -- cornerback Jeremy Reeves. After a four-year career at Iowa State, where he intercepted five passes (two returned for touchdowns), Reeves was eligible for the 2013 draft. But he tore a pectoral muscle, missed his pro day, wasn't drafted and wasn't signed by anyone. After working out on his own for a year, he participated in Iowa State's pro day last week and burned the 40 in 4.29 seconds, according to school officials.

He's only 5-7, 167 pounds (picture Darren Sproles at corner), but that kind of speed -- even if not totally accurate -- turns heads. The Jets have a good feel for Reeves because Jeff Bauer, the director of college scouting, is an Iowa State alum, plugged into the Iowa scene.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/category/_/name/rex-ryan

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
He's was a lockdown corner for us. Best we've had in a long time, and yet another player who took a lot of idiotic criticism on this board.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
He's was a lockdown corner for us. Best we've had in a long time, and yet another player who took a lot of idiotic criticism on this board.

I don't remember anyone ever criticizing him at all. He was always a stud and a bit of an underdog story with his size.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I don't remember anyone ever criticizing him at all. He was always a stud and a bit of an underdog story with his size.

It was mostly people bemoaning our "midget" secondary. The quest for measurables blinded some to the raw talent we had back there.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I just remember when K State played in Ames in 2012 (if memory serves), and towards the end of the game they went at Reeves twice in a row in the end zone with the very same play with a much bigger receiver, and twice Reeves went go-go gadget vertical and deflected both passes. Thats the precise moment I knew he was big time.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I just remember when K State played in Ames in 2012 (if memory serves), and towards the end of the game they went at Reeves twice in a row in the end zone with the very same play with a much bigger receiver, and twice Reeves went go-go gadget vertical and deflected both passes. Thats the precise moment I knew he was big time.

I remember the sequence of plays you are talking about and I'm almost certain it was at K State. Really impressive. Hope he gets a shot in the pros.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron