Post Wrestlemania - Extreme Rules Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I kind of like the angle WWE is going with post match speeches. Instead of letting guys like Undertaker/HHH get their post match closure in from Wrestlemania, they are throwing in the Shield into the mix. Not sure where it is going yet (please no spoilers) but I like it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Some more sad news in wrestling world. Daniel Bryan's father passed away suddenly today.

And he (Daniel) literally just got married. Super emotional week for him. Impressive he was still able to perform.

My guess is they took the angle they did tonight to knock him out for the next week or so to give him time to recover.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Did the old google search on "Lana".

Jenn Sterger's buddy first made famous by Brent Musberger learing.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I assume his Dad died before RAW went live? You could see in his eyes something beyond the show was wearing on him. I like that they are bringing back Kane the monster....Kane's been a fun character to follow most of the time over the years.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I assume his Dad died before RAW went live? You could see in his eyes something beyond the show was wearing on him. I like that they are bringing back Kane the monster....Kane's been a fun character to follow most of the time over the years.

I saw it tweeted out a couple hours before Raw started, so I would guess early Monday and then the news spread. It was pretty cool though that they did open the show with him and Brie in the ring and acknowledged the real life wedding.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
They made his "injuries" look pretty severe......think they'll have Bryan miss Extreme Rules?

And I still don't see how you guys are into Cesaro.....his baldness and swinging a guy in circles doesn't do it for me.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I wouldn't say I'm "into" but he's probably going to be a major player going forward.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I wouldn't say I'm "into" but he's probably going to be a major player going forward.

Barf. I'd rather see guys like the Miz and Ziggler get more air time than him.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Barf. I'd rather see guys like the Miz and Ziggler get more air time than him.

The Miz can barely wrestle and barely talk. He's horrible.
Cesaro can have an excellent match with most guys on the roster. He's a keeper.

It'll be interesting to see where his thing with Heyman goes, since Heyman spends so much time talking up Lesnar while Cesaro is there in the ring. That's going to lead to some excellent matches.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
They made his "injuries" look pretty severe......think they'll have Bryan miss Extreme Rules?

And I still don't see how you guys are into Cesaro.....his baldness and swinging a guy in circles doesn't do it for me.

I think he still will be at ERules. I'm with you on Cesaro, trying to give him a chance but heyman continued Brock speech doesn't do anything to help cesaro

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Kane had to go back to the mask. The whole corporate Kane with no mask wrestling in dress pants was stupid.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland

It'll be interesting to see where his thing with Heyman goes, since Heyman spends so much time talking up Lesnar while Cesaro is there in the ring. That's going to lead to some excellent matches.

I've got to think that a Lesnar-Cesaro match is waiting in the future. Its an interesting dynamic. The crowd (for the most part) is behind Cesaro, yet he's managed by the biggest heel in the WWE. If Lesnar isn't in a world title picture, and if there isn't anybody big returning, then it would make a lot of sense for the two to face each other after a Cesaro-Heyman split.

As for ER, the Evolution-Shield match will be a fun one. I hope Wyatt stomps Cena. And I hope they can make the DB-Kane match somewhat entertaining. I've just been over Kane since he began switching back and forth between mask-no mask-mask-dress pants-mask-etc.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I always liked the Miz on mic.....not the greatest wrestler though. WWE saw something in him as there is a reason he main-evented WM 3 years ago.

I just don't see how Cesaro is that great in the ring. It is boring to watch him swing someone around. He has poor charisma, stupid hand gestures, looks old, and they already had to change his name to get rid of the Antonio....was he not well established with two names? Heyman is his only chance for me to like him, but all Heyman talks about is Lesnar beating the streak.

They need to open back the title to two belts....need more storylines.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I always liked the Miz on mic.....not the greatest wrestler though. WWE saw something in him as there is a reason he main-evented WM 3 years ago.

I just don't see how Cesaro is that great in the ring. It is boring to watch him swing someone around. He has poor charisma, stupid hand gestures, looks old, and they already had to change his name to get rid of the Antonio....was he not well established with two names? Heyman is his only chance for me to like him, but all Heyman talks about is Lesnar beating the streak.

They need to open back the title to two belts....need more storylines.

I think they saw a real dearth of talent 3 years ago. There's been a strong surge of talented newcomers since then.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Reading this thread and the DeAndre Kane NBA Draft thread wishes someone could photoshop DeAndre wearing Kane's mask.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Put me down as not a fan of Cesaro. Heyman can only carry so many guys and Cesaro is awful with a mic. Once Heyman leaves, Cesaro is SOL.

Ziggler has the charisma and in ring ability to be something special.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It's pretty obvious they've pushed Miz and Ziggler to mid-card (or lower).

Maybe one of them will be the next Eugene.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron