Easter Traditions., what are they?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Growing up we would get an Easter Basket with candy in it. Our grandparents would do an egg hunt. I would get a new dress and maybe a new hat.

This year I picked up a dress for Zoe.

If you have a tradition, what is it?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Usually an Easter basket then an egg hunt at my grandparents. I also would get a new dress every year. Which is weird because I'm a dude.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
When I was a kid would get an Easter basket with candy in it too but would have to find it. Then would go to grandparents house for dinner with all aunts & uncles & cousins.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
It's the annual celebration to acknowledge the last time anyone in my extended family will be stuck in the same room with each other until Thanksgiving.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We use hubby's tradition of also hiding the entire basket, plus we hide plastic eggs with goodies. We change that up every year depending on the age of kids. I used to be organized hen we only had 2 and each girl could only find certain colored eggs. Now we'll have the little ones (under age 3) collect 10 eggs each upstairs (with goodies like goldfish, teddy grahams, etc inside) and the big girls will have to each find 12 eggs downstairs (with money and various chocolate candy inside). The older girls each have a golden egg to find--this year those have $5 in them.

Depends on my motivation level if we color eggs. This year was a no-go because one came down with strep yesterday and the oldest had softball and was a volleyball helper today. We also have a neighborhood outdoor egg hunt that we missed this year because of those reasons. Usually we spend Easter at home because our school doesn't have Fri or Mon off, neither does hubby.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Get blackout drunk Saturday night. Hide beers all over the house. Wake up and look for them Sunday morning. Cheers!

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
We have my wife's italian family's "sausage egg business." Grazianos bulk sausage browned with cottage cheese added and then mix in wisked eggs and stir it all together until the eggs are cooked and it thickens a little.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
We have my wife's italian family's "sausage egg business." Grazianos bulk sausage browned with cottage cheese added and then mix in wisked eggs and stir it all together until the eggs are cooked and it thickens a little.
Oh man that sounds good as long as you survive the subsequent heart attack.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
David Sedaris.

[video=youtube_share;N5apZmwR9UI]http://youtu.be/N5apZmwR9UI[/video]

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Easter egg hunt, basket of random little stuff, brunch or lunch (either ham or went out).

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
When I was a kid, we had an an egg hunt at my grandparent's place. Don't do much anymore since we don't live near family. I think tomorrow we are gonna hit up Granite City brunch after church.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron