New Autozone in Ames

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Saw the a sign near the construction that's starting next to Texas Roadhouse in Ames, time to get excited people. Now just in case you didn't want to go to Advance Auto right across the street, or Oreilly Auto Parts two doors down you'll FINALLY have another place to stop on Duff to get your auto parts. Thank god. Although I will say, at least it's not another god damned mattress store, so kudos to whoever made that decision.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This thread is worthless without pics.
Here, I just whipped up this mock up in MSPaint.

2008-09-11_AutoZone_in_Hillsborough,_NC.jpg

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
Obviously, someone thinks they can make money off of this. Otherwise, I have no idea how there is demand for that many auto parts stores within a few block radius.

Expand the radius a bit, and there's Arnold Motor Supply, up towards East Hyvee.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Obviously, someone thinks they can make money off of this. Otherwise, I have no idea how there is demand for that many auto parts stores within a few block radius.

Expand the radius a bit, and there's Arnold Motor Supply, up towards East Hyvee.

aaaaand Napa just down Duff south of Lowe's...

Not happy about Advanced coming here at all. Wish it was an Olive Garden.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I wish it was a Chinese food place. The 17 already in Ames really isn't enough.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Honestly though just think of all the recruits we've been losing because of this up until now. Come to a town without an Autozone? No thank you.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Mattress and auto parts stores do happen to have the best radio jingles…so there's that plus.

You want the best mattress in Ameeerica everybody knows it's Leeeebeda. GET IN THE ZONE! AUUUUUTO ZONE. O O O O O Riiiiley. NAPA KNOW HOW NAPA NAPA KNOW HOW. Ameeeerican Mattress…comfort and a good night's sleep call 1 800 to dream.

That is some great listening. In case you can't tell the Ames/Chicago combo of mattress/auto parts jingles is a real killer.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Shocking you'd say this. Not surprised at all that you wouldn't be a guy that gets their hands dirty fixing a car. Posh surburbia life am I right?

I very rarely get my hands dirty working on a vehicle. I feel my time is better spent doing other things. Does that make me "posh suburbia"?