Players set to breakout in 2014/2015

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Trojbrown

Mar 23, 2012
West Des Moines, IA
Naz Long did step up last year. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting that from him. I expect Matt Thomas to be "that' guy next year. From everything I've heard, Thomas couldn't miss in practice but couldn't translate that to Big 12 games. After getting his feet wet, he's going to be a big part of our gameplan next season. I can see Matt making 3-5 3's a game for us next season and being a "Tyrus McGee" type with no fear.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Monte.

/thread

Agreed. Monte will be 1st or 2nd All Big 12 with some impressive counting stats. Won't beat his Ast/TO ratio but will still be very impressive with more Ast and pts/g.

I don't expect a 'breakout' from Naz, though I do expect a steady improvement, especially with driving/ putting the ball on the floor. His breakout was this past season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Naz will at least put up the same numbers he did this year. His ability to create offense only improved as the season went along. He was taking many more 2 pt. FG's later in the season compared to only shooting 3's the majority of the season. His dribble-drive will only improve IMO, and we'll see it a lot more next year.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Naz will at least put up the same numbers he did this year. His ability to create offense only improved as the season went along. He was taking many more 2 pt. FG's later in the season compared to only shooting 3's the majority of the season. His dribble-drive will only improve IMO, and we'll see it a lot more next year.

I would love for his dribble drive to improve on par with what Phil Forte did this year. Can be very effective for a three point marksman.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Monte.

/thread

542.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
alright, I'll break the seal on this baby...

Whar Peter Jok? or Mike "Heimlich" Gesell?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Love the way Naz finished the season. Kid has no fear, whether it be pulling the trigger from anywhere on the floor, rebounding, taking it to the hole and generally mixing it up.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

I hear that they are collaborating with National Geographic on a program about how to better protect endangered species. That same protection, I gather, can also serve as a safeguard against McCabe's advice to the Hok fanbase.
gazelle-image-02.jpg

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

Jok already broke out in the ncaa participation game. He's a known AA level performer now. Woodbury too