Iowa State Baseball

Cyclonenation2

Sep 23, 2012
I am a current member of the Baseball Club team here at Iowa State. The last few weeks at practice we have been doing various things out at Cap Timm field to prepare for games. A few of us are curious as to what Cap Timm looked like back in its 'Prime'. So if you have any pictures/Info please post, we are curious about Iowa States Baseball history.

Cyclonenation2

Sep 23, 2012
We played 6 games in Florida for spring break show case (Indiana,Wisconsin-Madison,Cincinnati,Lafayette,Purdue,Wisconsin-Milwaukee) All non conference games. Our conference season consists of 4 weekend series with conference teams University of South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota State, and UNI. Each weekend is a 3 game conference series with 4th game non conference. Total of 22 games, 12 conference, 10 non. Regional's made up of 3 conferences in Topeka Kansas (3 Conf champs, 1 at large bid) Nationals then back down in Tampa Bay a few weeks after finals week. All teams we play are D-1 Club teams through the NCBA (national club baseball association) there is also a D-2 Club devision

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
As someone who played there the last two years I would say that Cap Timm (the field) really had no "Prime". It was kind of an embarassment.

I will post some pics tonight though.

Apr 19, 2006
And the softball girls sure knew how to .....!!!!!!! :jiggy:

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
Many schools have a club team even if they have a D1 team. There are 100+ club teams in NCBA

This is very interesting. If I might ask, what kind of credentials/experience/resume' do you and your teammates have?

I mean this in all seriousness. My sons wants to go to ISU, but also wants to pursue baseball after high school.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron