NBA: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Wizards vs Bulls is the best opening round series IMO. Wizards are very underrated but young/inexperienced outside a couple guys. Wall, Beal, and Gortat are playing great right now. Should go 6-7 games with the Bulls probably getting the slight lean.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Now the real fun begins!
Don't get why the Nets tanked to play the Raptors? Yes, the Raptors are worse than the Bulls but then for the next round they'll have to go through Miami instead of Indiana. Think the Nets would give the Pacers more trouble than the Heat, even though the Nets went 4-0 against the Heat. We'll see how it plays out but hopefully the Raptors kick their ***.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
Wizards vs Bulls is the best opening round series IMO. Wizards are very underrated but young/inexperienced outside a couple guys. Wall, Beal, and Gortat are playing great right now. Should go 6-7 games with the Bulls probably getting the slight lean.

The Pacers (on paper) should get past Atlanta relatively easy. But they have been getting routinely beaten by lesser teams for the last 6 or so weeks. If the Pacers do survive the 1st round, the get the Bulls/Wizards winner in the next. Both of those teams have momentum coming in to these playoffs that Indy doesn't. Hibbert needs to play like Hibbert and less like playoff softy Dwight Howard. I'm not a Bulls fan by any means but I'd take Noah on my team any day. The guy hustles his @$$ off every game.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I wonder if kfitzy or district will pop into this thread, haven't seen them posting much since the playoff thread last year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Atlanta/Indiana will be a sneaky good series, especially for a 1 vs 8. Toronto/Brooklyn and LA/Golden State will also be really good.

My predictions:
I think all the top seeds advance in the first round

Miami vs Indiana in the Eastern Conference Finals
Houston vs Oklahoma City in Western Conference Finals

Oklahoma City over Indiana for the Championship

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Atlanta/Indiana will be a sneaky good series, especially for a 1 vs 8. Toronto/Brooklyn and LA/Golden State will also be really good.

My predictions:
I think all the top seeds advance in the first round

Miami vs Indiana in the Eastern Conference Finals
Houston vs Oklahoma City in Western Conference Finals

Oklahoma City over Indiana for the Championship

Even with Indiana flatering, you have them beating the heat?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The second round in the west could be absolutely fantastic if all the top seeds advance. I'm sure San Antonio is breathing a sigh of relief that Memphis didn't end up as the eighth seed.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Even with Indiana flatering, you have them beating the heat?

Miami and Indiana are both 4-6 over their last 10. In that stretch, Indiana lost to 5 playoff teams, Miami lost to 4. I think its a 7 game series, Indiana wins due to home court advantage.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The second round in the west could be absolutely fantastic if all the top seeds advance. I'm sure San Antonio is breathing a sigh of relief that Memphis didn't end up as the eighth seed.

I would venture to guess San Antonio is praying that Portland takes out Houston. San Antonio lost all 4 games to Houston this season. 20% of San Antonio's loses came against Houston.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This is gonna be fun. Lots of good basketball to be played in the West, and a couple sneaky good matchups in the East. For the first round, I got:

IND over ATL in five
MIA over CHA in six (MIA still in cruise control until the second round)
BKN over TOR in six
CHI over WAS in six
SAS over DAL in five
OKC over MEM in six
LAC over GS in seven (this is going to be a wildly entertaining series)
HOU over POR in six

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Find it interesting that Heat held Lebron and Bosh out of last 2 games but played Wade (the guy with injury issues).