I just noticed the bottom ticker....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Basketball recruiting is my main sport right now.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Well...there's baseball. And golf. And bowling. And....

Yeah. There's pretty much nothing.
. Grilling, biking, disc golf, fishing, golf, hiking, kayaking, and yes beer drinking in nice weather. Fall will be here in no time.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I'm going to open this can of worms...

If ISU had baseball you would still have ISU sports to watch (assuming you aren't interested in softball).

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Also, the bottom ticker is really annoying on small screens. I hate how much room it takes up on my netbook with a 10" screen. CF should really have an adaptive layout and make that ticker go away for screens smaller than 15".

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
And became depressed. First moment I have missed ISU sports this offseason.

i want the bottom ticker to count down the days until football season is over (for isu). wa wa waaa.

seriously though, it is going to be tough to stomach watching 80 teams play in bowl games and have isu not be one of them. i just don't see it happening with our entire defensive line leaving or being kicked off the team. :frown: brutal. just brutal.

considering our offensive woes as of late i'll give wally a pass on this season considering. hopefully mangino can get us serviceable on offense. ttech, osu and others have thrived with zero defense in any given season. perhaps we can do the same.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm going to open this can of worms...

If ISU had baseball you would still have ISU sports to watch (assuming you aren't interested in softball).

If people cared about baseball they wouldnt feel like they had nothing to watch.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Just going to put this out there.....totally cool if they decide to change the ticker to the first basketball exhibition game.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Listen, I love summer. I love spring field work, I love fishing, boating, road tripping, bonfires, golfing, going to baseball games, baseball in general, and everything spring and summer offer. But, my one true love is tailgating and football season. I love it so damn much. I miss it, I miss it a lot.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
i want the bottom ticker to count down the days until football season is over (for isu). wa wa waaa.

seriously though, it is going to be tough to stomach watching 80 teams play in bowl games and have isu not be one of them. i just don't see it happening with our entire defensive line leaving or being kicked off the team. :frown: brutal. just brutal.

considering our offensive woes as of late i'll give wally a pass on this season considering. hopefully mangino can get us serviceable on offense. ttech, osu and others have thrived with zero defense in any given season. perhaps we can do the same.

"OUR"???

okay.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Just noticed this as well...136 days seems like a long, long time. I was antsy enough looking at that ticker during this past MBB season, and that was usually just a few days between games!