New Court Design for Hilton

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I watch a lot of college basketball. Something I've noticed in the last few years is that schools are doing some interesting things with their court designs, and have wondered what Hilton would look like with a similar layout. I decided to put a few ideas together and share them here.

You can probably tell, but I'm not very design-savvy, and made these in MS Paint.

wI9Aw3a.jpg

jY9vzOu.png

hAnpAak.png

WIro4NF.png

N7XBrSM.jpg

xnv9ubQ.png

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I like 2 and 3. I absolutely hate that bird head logo and don't want to see it prominantly displayed anywhere, especially on the court.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My vote is second from the top with the wood stained shape of Iowa. Those are actually very good for using MS Paint and I'm a designer by trade. At screen resolution I wouldn't have even known they were just MS Paint and figured you did them with illustrator vectors.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like number 2, but I would also make the center court logo smaller, and possibly add the Hilton text. I've never been a fan of the huge center court logos, I think they'd all look much better if they were smaller.

Think we actually put the new Big 12 logo on the court next year?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
does the current court say Johnny Orr court on it somewhere? I can't remember if he had the court named after him.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
does the current court say Johnny Orr court on it somewhere? I can't remember if he had the court named after him.

Nope.

I love #2.

Gonna need the Pioneer logos there too so I doubt we have any words or the Big 12 logo centered.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
#2. Use the primary mark, especially when it is so much stronger than the secondary logo. I wouldn't have a problem with going just a touch smaller and adding the James H. Hilton Coliseum.

Thank you for not putting that fat walking bird logo (or rather LOLgo) in any of your designs.

I do remember hearing that JP was just waiting for the new Big 12 logo to add it back on to the court.

While adding the angry chicken was a bit of a joke, it would be nice to find a way to add it in, but I don't know of any way to make that work unless you put a small one right at the coach's box in honor of Johnny and so Fred could see it all the time.

CyKosys

Nov 24, 2006
#2 is the best!!!!!!!! Luv it.

I watch a lot of college basketball. Something I've noticed in the last few years is that schools are doing some interesting things with their court designs, and have wondered what Hilton would look like with a similar layout. I decided to put a few ideas together and share them here.

You can probably tell, but I'm not very design-savvy, and made these in MS Paint.

wI9Aw3a.jpg

jY9vzOu.png

hAnpAak.png

WIro4NF.png

N7XBrSM.jpg

xnv9ubQ.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
I really don't like courts that are 'colored in' between the 3-point line and lane. Just leave it the same wood.