Alcohol-Related Question

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Went to HyVee and saw they had a cheaper than normal deal for Busch, so naturally I bought some. Then I saw a $3 6 pack of Mikes Hard Smashed Cider. Normally, I don't buy this cheap crap, and I've never had Mikes Hard, but I figured it was cheap and it was alcohol, so why not.

Anyhow, after I get back to my place, I see chunks of I'm not sure what in the bottles. And they aren't little chunks of maybe just some ingredients clumping together. These chunks are the size of an average-height man's pinkie toe. And they're all over.

I've looked online, can't find any help. Not sure if it's supposed to be there or not. I don't want to open it if it isn't supposed to be there so I get my $3 back. It's possible it's just apple skin, but you'd think it would say that somewhere on the box or somewhere on the first four websites I clicked on when I googled it. I've had Woodchuck and Redds and have never seen this **** in it.

Any suggestions from my dear friends, or my dear enemies?

TIA.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Open one so you can investigate more. If you are concerned about your refund you will still get one if 5 of the bottles are unopened. You can probably open most of them and still get a refund. (Former Hy-Vee employee here.)

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I did some googling. Didn't find anything, but man some of those beer guys reviewing this stuff are ridiculous.

Earthy and leathery with a caramel back end? ITS GODDAM APPLE CIDER NOT A $300 BOTTLE OF WINE.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I say drink a bottle and wait a few hours. If you die, then I would think you earned your refund.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, 17 replies and not a single "kill it with fire". :sad:

You could still try but it might be too late.