For the Dads of little girls.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
This isn't me, thought it could be. If you've got a young daughter (or three) at home, I'm sure you can relate.

[video]http://www.wimp.com/saturdaymornings/[/video]

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
In early March, we had 13 of our 15 granddaughters (ages 14 mos to 19 yrs) and the one severely outnumbered grandson here for the weekend with their families. For a "quiet" time, we arranged most of them on two couches in front of the big TV, and played "Frozen" for them. Quiet? Yeah...not so much. The film has not been out that long, but those little princesses knew every song, and sang along. And they only sing at one volume: full.

Aw, hell...it was pretty adorable... :)

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Tonight, my three year old informed me that I had to take her to a "wedding" up on the second floor of our house. It wasn't her wedding, but the wedding of two of her friends from pre-school that I've never met. I had to hold her purse when she asked, and dance with her at her request. She criticized the way I walked her down the aisle, and got mad at me for talking too much and drinking too much tea. The event ended with her getting angry and going to bed.

I really want to know where my wife found the time to teach her all that stuff.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I see the little clothes in your avatar, but without knowing the age(s) of your kid(s) I can't tell if you've been through this stage yet. There are times when the dancing, singing sillyness are amazing. But it's usually not at 7AM on a Saturday morning.

Oh dear God, this. I love my little girl with all my heart, but 6AM is for sleeping not singing.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Dude looks way too annoyed.

My thoughts exactly. It's a helluva lot more fun if you go into Saturday mornings assuming she going to be cranky and then relishing when she's not. Put the coffee down and get on the floor with her.

Girls seem to have "terrible 3's" instead of 2's. He's lucky she was in a good mood and not bossing him around at that age.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have twin two an a half year old girls. My time is coming...

Switch coffee for whiskey. And good luck.

My 6 year old just managed to talk for 12 and a half hours during a 10 minute car ride. I'm pretty sure she was determined to use every word in her substantial vocabulary at least 3 times.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My daughter is only 15 months old but she will be exactly like this no doubt.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
With three girls at home ages; 9, 6, and 3 this is my life. Most of the time they are in dance outfits and listening to Frozen. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love my girls.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
With three girls at home ages; 9, 6, and 3 this is my life. Most of the time they are in dance outfits and listening to Frozen. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love my girls.

That was me 5 yrs ago. I now have a 14, 11 and 8 yr old girls. Enjoy the time you have because you are at the time when you still know everything in their eyes. When they start getting my girls ages, then the hormones start doing what they do and holy hell, there are some days I wonder what I did to deserve it. But most of the time I am loving every minute of their busy, hectic, emotional rollercoaster attitudes because it will be gone soon enough. They truly are treasures........most of the time...lol

And this one might be more for the fathers like me that grew up raising pigs farrow to finish, because the rest of you might not get what I'm laying down, but I hope when all three have their monthly deal that they cycle like sows so I can be the *** hole one week of the month to all of them instead of them being spread out. It can be conveniently called cot in the garage week, hunting week, fishing week whatever. I just know how it can go when just one or two have Aunt Flo over, so I'm bracing myself for the worst.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Daddy gets up for work every weekday at 5:30am so Saturdays we try to let him sleep in. Try is the operative word with the 13mo old and almost 3yr old (the 8yr old and 11yr old try to sleep in, too). I swear Sat morning is the only time the youngest plays with the loudest toys in the house--currently a Minnie Mouse ride-on airplane with jet engine noises and high pitched Minnie Mouse phrases. And no off switch. I just laugh because his mom and dad gave it to her. ;)

The 3yr old is always wearing a princess dress right now. Have you seen Merida at the mall or Target? That was us. (Bonus points to the dads who know Merida.)

He's been at this girl thing for 11 years and only has 17 more years before the last one leaves the house. But we know those little girls will be Daddy's girls forever.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That was me 5 yrs ago. I now have a 14, 11 and 8 yr old girls. Enjoy the time you have because you are at the time when you still know everything in their eyes. When they start getting my girls ages, then the hormones start doing what they do and holy hell, there are some days I wonder what I did to deserve it. But most of the time I am loving every minute of their busy, hectic, emotional rollercoaster attitudes because it will be gone soon enough. They truly are treasures........most of the time...lol

And this one might be more for the fathers like me that grew up raising pigs farrow to finish, because the rest of you might not get what I'm laying down, but I hope when all three have their monthly deal that they cycle like sows so I can be the *** hole one week of the month to all of them instead of them being spread out. It can be conveniently called cot in the garage week, hunting week, fishing week whatever. I just know how it can go when just one or two have Aunt Flo over, so I'm bracing myself for the worst.

Females in a group tend to synchronize unless they are medically regulated by hormonal therapy (BC pills)...so you may be in luck. Happened with my sisters, happened in my dorm...I've seen medical reports about it. It's really kind of weird.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
My girls are 8, 6 and almost 5 (all about 18 months apart). I love them all so much and they bring me so much joy, but sometimes Daddy just wants a little sleep.