New Riot Buster?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I think it is completely ridiculous to militarize our domestic police force.

Agreed. If this thing ever shows up anywhere short of a sniper situation......

At least it was free. Of course, I'm sure the upkeep is ridiculous.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I called bull **** as soon as I heard them say that they needed it. Uhh, no, you don't need a vehicle in Ames, Iowa that can withstand massive IED blasts, RPG's and small arms fire. Is it cool to have? **** yes it is, but it's not a necessity.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Preparation for the upcoming zombie outbreak stemming from an incident at the USDA building on 13th St.? Seems like a good expense to me...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

But the recent trend of citizens wanting military style weapons is not ridiculous? As long as citizens are allowed to carry assault weapons, the police will need equipment like this to protect themselves from those weapons.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Somewhat agree.

But the recent trend of citizens wanting military style weapons is not ridiculous? As long as citizens are allowed to carry assault weapons, the police will need equipment like this to protect themselves from those weapons.

Somewhat agree.

Puts me smack-dab in the middle on this issue I guess. :confused:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I agree with this point, but think it's more indicative that military grade arms and ordinance shouldn't be in the hands of anyone, police force included.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Just to be clear that article didn't mention the word "riot" once. They said it was for shootout/gunman type situations.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The Homeland Security (i. e. Overloads) recently bought a billion bullets and thousands of armadillo buster vehicles just for occasions like VEISHA to try them out for training purposes.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Well, free now that we all paid for it.

True, but I have no problem with paying for it for the military to use. In fact, what I recall seeing on the news during the height of the Iraq war - with our soldiers getting IED'd constantly - I'm ticked we didn't pay for more of them.

I suppose that leads to an interesting question. Why is this no longer serviceable for the military, yet functional enough it can be given away to a police force with a population of about 100K in Iowa?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron