Game of Thrones Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Other thread was for season 3. This video was released at Comic-con from HBO as a prelude to season 4. If mods want to merge this thread with the season 3 thread and have one mega thread (like the walking dead thread) by all means go ahead.

[video=youtube;9m4ZPULXJKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m4ZPULXJKw[/video]

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
BIIM soundtrack on that was awesome.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
just watched all 3 season in about 2 weeks, thanks on demand, can't wait for season 4. the massacre atthe end with the Starks was insane.
it reminds me of Sopranos a lot, rival families, killing each other off. a lil slow for a few episodes, then bam, 10 people die.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This is good timing for this sort of video, because, yep, all of the major killing is done. :smile:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Descriptions of the first four episodes from season 4 have been released. Spoiler alert. IMO they are somewhat minor, but the discussion section especially seems to give some details some may not want to know. I haven't read the books, so the descriptions and discussion would be more meaningful to someone who has.

4 weeks from tomorrow. Only 4 more weeks!

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: First four episode descriptions released - Zap2it

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
2 days.

We_so_excited!.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My wife and I are finishing up the last two episodes of True Detective, and are ready to roll with GOT come Sunday

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I read all 5 books last summer before I watched a single second of the show. I've been slowly working my way through the show now, although some of the suspense is missing when you already sort of know what's going to happen.

Can't wait to see the showdown of Oberyn Martell vs The Mountain

I'm somewhat skeptical that old George is going to finish books 6 and 7 in a timely fashion, though. And he hasn't exactly resolved a whole lot by the conclusion of book 5, either.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
My wife and I are finishing up the last two episodes of True Detective, and are ready to roll with GOT come Sunday

I'm definitely gonna check out True Detective via HBOgo once I resubscribe for Game of Thrones.

I'm really looking forward to season 4 of GoT. The proverbial **** is gonna hit the proverbial fan.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have read the books but haven't seen any of the series yet. I plan on binge watching them to catch up but just haven't had time. Seems the Red Wedding wasn't that long ago on the show? Wondering if they will draw the series out a little to give GRRM time to crank out another book. Did see a clip of the HBO series and was a little confused, I had never quite pictured Margaery as that floozy-esque.:laugh: I'm hoping the show isn't a disappointment after reading the books, I am getting impatient waiting for the next one.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm definitely gonna check out True Detective via HBOgo once I resubscribe for Game of Thrones.

I'm really looking forward to season 4 of GoT. The proverbial **** is gonna hit the proverbial fan.

Not to hijack the thread, but True Detective is just plain amazing. One of the best shows I've ever seen, period. I'll warn you, it's pretty dark. Think Se7en meets Silence of the Lambs, but it's fantastic.

That said, there's still no replacing GOT. Really looking forward to it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Watching the first 3 seasons on my xfinity app on my phone and DVRing season 4, which I won't start until I finish the first 3.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
This season will be the best yet, based on the total awesomeness of the source material.

You won't be disappointed in the show, unless you are one of the crazy fans who expect an adaptation to be exactly the same as 1,000 + page books with hundreds of characters or don't recognize there are some budgetary limitations that your imagination doesn't have while reading. They have been faithful for the most part, all the book readers I know love the show too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I read all 5 books last summer before I watched a single second of the show. I've been slowly working my way through the show now, although some of the suspense is missing when you already sort of know what's going to happen.

Can't wait to see the showdown of Oberyn Martell vs The Mountain

I'm somewhat skeptical that old George is going to finish books 6 and 7 in a timely fashion, though. And he hasn't exactly resolved a whole lot by the conclusion of book 5, either.

Book 5 is two seasons easy…it started out as two books of the series.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This season will be the best yet, based on the total awesomeness of the source material.

You won't be disappointed in the show, unless you are one of the crazy fans who expect an adaptation to be exactly the same as 1,000 + page books with hundreds of characters or don't recognize there are some budgetary limitations that your imagination doesn't have while reading. They have been faithful for the most part, all the book readers I know love the show too.

I agree, but don't understand why some of the choices were made. Like creating the character of Talisa and replacing Jeyne Westerling. What was the point of that? It doesn't really change the story, but I don't get why they did it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Thanks, that is good to know. I am not expecting them to be identical. I was spewing out various theories about Robb's wife that got shot down by my kids when they told me what happened on the show version, so I suspect watching will help with some of my crazy book theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.