All ISU Fans Should Get Free Hawkeye Tickets at HyVee

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Speaking of Hawk fans... Anyone hear the moron who was the first caller on SoundOff? Whined like a little child that the media was giving too much love to Hoiberg.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
giphy.gif

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Didn't someone on here try this last year? Dumb.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I'm gonna go on record that this is a bad plan.

Hate our rival, sure.

But in the end, they're just people, with budgets, trying to enjoy college football, just like us. I'd hate to think that some kid on Title IX wouldn't get to go see the Hawks play football, even if it was just against themselves, because I thought it would be funny to burn some tickets.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Speaking of Hawk fans... Anyone hear the moron who was the first caller on SoundOff? Whined like a little child that the media was giving too much love to Hoiberg.

I did. Sounded like a pouting baby.

"Why aren't my Hawkeyes in the news!?"
"Tell us one negative about Fred Hoiberg"
"But, but, but Kirk Farentz!"

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like the rivalry aspect of this, but I agree with some that most Hawk fans are like us and want to enjoy a Saturday watching their favorite team. I'd rather focus on going to the spring game.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Silly thread is silly. I get the rivalry and all but I'm sick of one fan base taking pleasure in the other fan base's misery. Both parties are definitely guilty of this. I wish we could step up and be "the bigger fan base" for once.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To me, this is no bigger than my Hawk friends running their mouth after we lost on Friday. It's nothing more than silly, petty and unnecessary. Let them play their games, we will play ours, and we will play each other once a year. Aside from that, where's the sense in trying to make sure their legitimate fans can't watch their team play? Also, as someone else said, this may be some people's only chance to take their kid to watch an Iowa game.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
To me, this is no bigger than my Hawk friends running their mouth after we lost on Friday. It's nothing more than silly, petty and unnecessary. Let them play their games, we will play ours, and we will play each other once a year. Aside from that, where's the sense in trying to make sure their legitimate fans can't watch their team play? Also, as someone else said, this may be some people's only chance to take their kid to watch an Iowa game.

I agree with this but you sound like a nancy. It's a rivalry damn it!

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
If they want us to be all nice, why did they make this at the time and place they did?