Dorsey-Walker

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Anyone think he will play next year? Looks like he has the athletism to be a really good player.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Has the potential to be a really solid player. If he progresses like Naz did, he should see minutes next year.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Man, I hope so. My fear is that he will want to transfer. Playing time will be hard to come by, unless he really steps uP his game, ala Naz Long. I really like him and think he could contribute.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
As the roster stands now, he'd probably see an increase in playing time but I bet we bring in at least one more guard for next year. I think he'll end up being in the same role as he is this year. Spot minutes but not a consistent role.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If he transfers we will get another guy but probably better. Thats how this works with fred. Get used to it.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I could see him playing a decent amount. I truly believe he will be one of our go to guys on offense eventually. I personally see him as a shorter Will Clyburn.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I could see him playing a decent amount. I truly believe he will be one of our go to guys on offense eventually. I personally see him as a shorter Will Clyburn.
If we do not bring any other guards in, he will at least see a Edozie-Gibson type role. He has the potential to be a good defender.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
SDW is, unfortunately, caught in the same spot as Gibson. The program is developing faster than he is. If he shows some serious advancement in his game over the summer expect to see him with more minutes. If he doesn't, expect to hear bad news in August.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
SDW is, unfortunately, caught in the same spot as Gibson. The program is developing faster than he is. If he shows some serious advancement in his game over the summer expect to see him with more minutes. If he doesn't, expect to hear bad news in August.
Gibson was not caught in a numbers crunch or pushed out by talent- we only had two post this year that saw real time. We chose to play in the post a 6'5" guy that was a guard in juco over him. Heck, Gibson saw more minutes as a freshman when we had Ejim, White, and Booker.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I think so. Impressive in CCL, but probably could stand to be more aggressive offensively. I think he could be a good defender also.

Should note that he was academic all-conference this year also. We need guys to graduate.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Gibson was not caught in a numbers crunch or pushed out by talent- we only had two post this year that saw real time. We chose to play in the post a 6'5" guy that was a guard in juco over him. Heck, Gibson saw more minutes as a freshman when we had Ejim, White, and Booker.

Gibson would play if he was good enough. Every time he is on the court he seems lost and does something stupid.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[video=youtube;W6pj49g0sSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6pj49g0sSw[/video]

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Gibson would play if he was good enough. Every time he is on the court he seems lost and does something stupid.
Exactly what I am saying. Gibson is not playing because our post recruiting has recruited over him enough he is not needed- he is just not good enough to help a team desperate for another post.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Who knows with SDW, seems like he couldn't get his shot of fall this year. The fact of it all is, there are going to be 4 year players that don't see the floor much. Not every player develops like a coach thinks they will. I think Fred singed him as a project, so time will tell.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
He already redshirted, so he would have to go joco/d2 or loose a year of eligibility. Right? I personally think he will be a very good player and hope he is ready when his name is called. Hope he see's some time this weekend!

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
Exactly what I am saying. Gibson is not playing because our post recruiting has recruited over him enough he is not needed- he is just not good enough to help a team desperate for another post.

As I originally said, and you clumsily tried to refute, Gibson has not developed as quickly as the program has developed. The team is attracting and adapting new, better talent faster than Gibson has raised or adapted his game. Same with SDW.