Tolbert transferring from Texas Tech

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Boy, it's nice to sit back and watch talent transfer out of the Big 12 while talent transfers in to us.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Too bad he can not come here.

He will look good playing for Larry Brown.

that was my immediate thought. Said he wants to play near his home town of Dallas. Seems like a no-brainer.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Curious to see how Tubby does from here. I thought he would do great things for the Gophers and that certainly didn't happen.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I really thought the bottom end of the league was going to step up and make things even more interesting next year, but they seem intent on maintaining the status quo.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just when I thought Tech was taking a step foward, guess they are content staying at the bottom of the cellar where they belong. Shoot, I remember how packed that place was this year for the OSU game (infamous one), which I don't remember ever seeing at Tech. Guess, it will go back to being a ghost town again. Look at the bright side, they may still be better than TCU, but I wouldn't put money on it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I still might take that bet. The gap may close a little bit, but TCU is BAD, very bad...and they are not tearing it up in recruiting or anything.

Actually they had some pretty decent transfers sitting out this year.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I still might take that bet. The gap may close a little bit, but TCU is BAD, very bad...and they are not tearing it up in recruiting or anything.

TCU has some transfers that will be eligible. Don't know how good they are but they are getting some.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Curious to see how Tubby does from here. I thought he would do great things for the Gophers and that certainly didn't happen.

Tubby started well in Minnesota. A couple NCAA appearances then off-court issues and mediocrity set in. I figure the same will happen at Tech. He'll build them back up with a couple of good seasons, then once the appeal of Tubby wears off, back to the basement.