BLUM: Confident Cyclones trump logic

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Short bald guys with the super models have money. That's UNLV, not us.

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
short bald guys? Do short bald guys have nba point guards, big 12 player of the years, great coaches, etc. I think a lot of people are underappreciating a really good team. This isn't lucky.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
short bald guys? Do short bald guys have nba point guards, big 12 player of the years, great coaches, etc. I think a lot of people are underappreciating a really good team. This isn't lucky.

I think the point was missed a bit. Obviously, Iowa State is a great team, but their competitiveness and confidence takes them to an extra level when they need to.

Short, bald guys can have talent too! (says a short guy.)

Thanks for reading.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So we're the the fat bald guy with a roll of hundred dollar bills and some magnums?

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
"But Kane is the Honey Badger, he don't care."

In my opinion, this is the most important line in the entire well-written article. The deck's stacked against us, but if ISU can continue playing pedal to the metal / mad at the world / Honey Badger hoops, we have a good chance to proceed...

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
"DeAndre Kane could step into a tank full of sharks and think that the sharks should be afraid."

Love this line. We need to get some Chuck Norris type lines going for Mr. Kane

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Great read, Blum.

I do think you overestimate how many fans were against the long pass at the end. A lot of us have accepted that this team plays at it's best when it plays its own game and that includes playing fast when opportunity presents itself even when conventional wisdom says otherwise. It will sometimes burn any team, even this one, but they have been burned by slowing down and not doing what they do best as well. Moreso even last year. I was okay with it and I would be saying the same thing if Kane hadn't handled the pass and lost it out of bounds. It was the right play for this team.