Elgin Cook & Richardi Amardi

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
For those interested in this type of thing....Two former cyclone commits that ended up parting ways, Elgin Cook and Richard Amardi both are playing significant roles for Oregon against Wisky...

Cook looks to be really good.....even though his stats for the season are not incredible....reminds me of Clyburn a lot....

Amardi looks to be a pounder in the paint with limited offensive skills....

Always interesting to watch previous commits success or lack there of - especially now in the tourney when the conference thing goes away...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Amardi was recruited over for Bluford (mistake looking back on it) and something happened with Cook in Milwaukee that caused him to transfer to a High School in Texas (I think it was a gang shooting that killed one of his best friends).

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Amardi was recruited over for Bluford (mistake looking back on it) and something happened with Cook in Milwaukee that caused him to transfer to a High School in Texas (I think it was a gang shooting that killed one of his best friends).

No, Amardi was recruited over for Kane.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
No, Amardi was recruited over for Kane.
I do not think it was that clear cut in regards to who we had in mind would be the one to leave when we got Kane to visit. We should have pulled Bluford's scholarship the moment Kane committed. Then again, the Bluford offer always seemed like a huge reach

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Cook made a good play just before the game was lost. He gave Oregon their last chance.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I thought Amardi would do better at Oregon this year. Seems to have limited offensive skill set and every game I have seen him play he is always in foul trouble.