Transcript: N.C. Central head coach talks Cyclones, tourney

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Sounds like a great guy, both from this and everything else I have seen about him this week.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
A team coached by a guy like him scares the **** out of me. I'm sorry but that guy is realistic and seems like he's a fighter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Okay, this is getting to be too much. First the blog about Scott Drew actually being a guy who is too nice to mock. Now, we Coach Moton says all the right things and even has a little kid in the hospital.

As often as we have heard it, will someone please fit a video of an announcer telling the Freddie Hoiberg story or link to a Johnny Orr tribute? We need to get the emotion going for us.

Never mind. I just paused to remember how great it was to win in Kansas City last weekend. I'm back. Let's pound them on Friday ... then turn all Scott Drew nice on Saturday!

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Not looking forward to crushing a first time team who seems to be led by a great guy, but....nccu must be destroyed.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Really seems like a great guy that makes a great Cinderella story. I just hate that we have to go up against them. I'm super nervous about this game, senior laden team, nothing to lose, everything to gain and then to top it off a team that has a "special little one" to win for....uuugghhh. I know our guys will come to play, I just hope NC Central is not in it at the end.......

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Screw his story and screw that team. Time to start acting like WE deserve it, GO DOMINATE!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Seems like a good guy and a good coach that knows how to motivate. Wish his son well.

That said, We have 3 pro's and ISU is all just playing for a paycheck?????????????????? That's where you lost me.

And sorry you are standing in Fred's way.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
We need to get the emotion going for us.

We just need to score more points than our opponents the rest of the season. If you can't get emotion going for you or can't "get up" for these games then you don't deserve to win the tourney.

A Big 12 Tournament Trophy is a great dedication to Johnny Orr's passing. A National Championship would be the ultimate dedication. I have no worries that Hoiberg will have our guys in the right emotional state for the games. CyclONE NATION will be proud and behind our team no matter what.

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion
We just need to score more points than our opponents the rest of the season. If you can't get emotion going for you or can't "get up" for these games then you don't deserve to win the tourney.

A Big 12 Tournament Trophy is a great dedication to Johnny Orr's passing. A National Championship would be the ultimate dedication. I have no worries that Hoiberg will have our guys in the right emotional state for the games. CyclONE NATION will be proud and behind our team no matter what.
The truth!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Their coach really thinks our guys are worried about putting on a showcase for the NBA and providing for their families?