A little gift for Cyclone Nation!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
Hey all,

I was in KC for the entire tournament and recorded this bit of the pep rally before the Big 12 Championship game. I've watched it many time since then and it still makes the hair on my arms stand up and tears form in my eyes. This is what it means to be a Cyclone and was one of the best pep rallies ever.

[video=vimeo;89398660]https://vimeo.com/89398660[/video]

I love you Cyclone Nation! Bring on the NCAA's baby!!!!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I cried a little, but it could still be from finding out likes are going away.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
His best line was cut off...

"Welcome to Kansas City, IA!"

I'm up on that balcony you panned across, standing on the base of a pillar so that I can see (I'm rather altitudinally challenged...).

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
That video reminds me how much more Jeff Johnson we need. Before each game in Hilton. Before every football game. Take him on the road. Put him on TV.

HHEEEYYYYY EVERYBODY!!! I............ S...... U. I cant hear you! I......... S ...........U.

*Just to be sure, that was thick sarcasm*

Last edited:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
His best line was cut off...

"Welcome to Kansas City, IA!"

I'm up on that balcony you panned across, standing on the base of a pillar so that I can see (I'm rather altitudinally challenged...).

Were you there after the game when the dumb *** MC said they were going to change the name from KANSAS CITY to IOWA CITY!

Needless to say Cyclone Nation let him have it

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I was there and it still makes my damn hair stand up and my eyes water. Good fricken stuff right there. Another thing I noticed is the amount of people pounded beers/drinks in the span of that video. Ya, We party.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Were you there after the game when the dumb *** MC said they were going to change the name from KANSAS CITY to IOWA CITY!

Needless to say Cyclone Nation let him have it

Nope...missed that. We headed back to Iowa after the award ceremonies. I hope you really let him understand the error of his ways...

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
That video reminds me how much more Jeff Johnson we need. Before each game in Hilton. Before every football game. Take him on the road. Put him on TV.

HHEEEYYYYY EVERYBODY!!! I............ S...... U. I cant hear you! I......... S ...........U.

I loved having him lead cheers before the football games. I've missed that.

Ugh. No. No no no no no. At major athletic events, we have the band, large student section, pre-game music and intro videos to pump us up. With Jeff Johnson, the cheering seems...forced. I don't doubt the man's passion for all things Iowa State, and he's done great things with the alumni association. I'm glad, though, that he isn't leading pre-game cheers anymore.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Ugh. No. No no no no no. At major athletic events, we have the band, large student section, pre-game music and intro videos to pump us up. With Jeff Johnson, the cheering seems...forced. I don't doubt the man's passion for all things Iowa State, and he's done great things with the alumni association. I'm glad, though, that he isn't leading pre-game cheers anymore.

Different strokes...

:)

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Been trying to see if anyone has video of KC Live's reaction towards the end of the KU/ISU game. Haven't found anything on youtube to this point. Would love to watch (realize it was dark by the end of the game)

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
Hey all,

I was in KC for the entire tournament and recorded this bit of the pep rally before the Big 12 Championship game. I've watched it many time since then and it still makes the hair on my arms stand up and tears form in my eyes. This is what it means to be a Cyclone and was one of the best pep rallies ever.

[video=vimeo;89398660]https://vimeo.com/89398660[/video]

I love you Cyclone Nation! Bring on the NCAA's baby!!!!

Dude, you are standing right next to me. What a great patio we had.