#8 Kentucky vs #9 ???

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
So, apparently Kentucky has a bye in the first round against K-State. My Big 12 pride is in overdrive here and I really think their defense will annoy the hell out of Kentucky. I'm just stunned at how the national "experts" are assuming the Kentucky win.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Kentucky has the talent to beat anyone. If they figure that out, and learn to play team ball, they could be dangerous.

Cypower69

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa City, IA
Kentucky has more talent but KSU will come out and punch them in the mouth. Maybe I am a Big 12 homer but I think KSU will be to physical for Kentucky. The only way KSU loses this one is if the zebra's decided to call every touch a foul, which is possible against kentucky.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
It should be a decent game, but KSU hasn't been so good away from the #OctagonOfDumb. There's my tourney bracket $0.02 for ya.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I will take Kentucky, though I wouldn't write off KSU as easy as some, I just think they are most likely to win. Either way, it is going to be awesome to watch the WSU v Kentucky/KSU game!

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The hype for Kentucky reminds me of the hype for UConn in 2012. That didn't go so well for them...

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This was an easy pick for me. I hate Kentucky but their size will kill KSU. Kentucky wins and wins pretty easily I think. I also have Kentucky beating Wichita State and am flirting with them even beating Louisville. Gross

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I like KSU in this one but theyconcern me a little playing away from home. I think WSU beats either toget the sweet 16.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I agree that UK is pretty selfish. However, I think Cal has their attention right now - as evidenced by their performance against Florida in the conference tourney. If they play like they did in the second half of that game, they could very well win their first 2 games in the NCAA, IMHO.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I agree that UK is pretty selfish. However, I think Cal has their attention right now - as evidenced by their performance against Florida in the conference tourney. If they play like they did in the second half of that game, they could very well win their first 2 games in the NCAA, IMHO.
Show me where they have played two good games in a row all year. Kentucky is a team full of individuals out there trying to show they have NBA skills. They don't run any type of consistent offense and their defense is marginal at best. They dropped multiple terrible games, even at home, in the worst power conference in America. I really feel dirty rooting for either of these teams to win but I'll have to go for K-State because I hate them slightly less than Kentucky.

niangstermvp

Mar 1, 2014
None of the "experts" mention Kentucky is 3-8 vs top 50 teams and Kansas State is 7-8. Problem is KSU not playing at home.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think the jury is still out on Kentucky, I think they pry got the worst draw of anyone in the tourney. Asking a young team to take on physical teams like Kstate and Wichita St is asking a lot. I don't think they can make it past kstate honestly.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
And listening to pundits constantly making excuses for Calipari is beyond annoying. He hasn't had control of his team for two years and they keep saying the players aren't as good as they thought. BS, Cal go lucky with his Allstar team 2 years ago. Any coach with a brain could have won a championship with that team. Next year, UK will be unjustly top 5 again I'm sure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron