best shot advancing to final 4?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
from big12: i've got baylor. experienced, tall and talented with an excellent point guard - lacking coach. followed by ku and iowa state.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Sorry, but I really and truly believe KU gets knocked out by New Mexico without Embid. If they make it past the first weekend and he's back, then yes, KU best shot.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
KU has the easiest road to the Elite Eight, but they will also face the best team there in Florida.

Some would probably call ISU's road to the Elite Eight (relatively) easy as well, with a 14 seed, a struggling UNC, and an overseeded Villanova standing in the way. Since Michigan State is apparently the hot pick for national champion now, I guess we would actually have the most difficult matchup there to make the Final Four.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
KU has the easiest road to the Elite Eight, but they will also face the best team there in Florida.

Some would probably call ISU's road to the Elite Eight easy as well. Since Michigan State is apparently the hot pick for national champion now, I guess we would actually have the most difficult matchup there to make the Final Four.

I think New Mexico will be tough for KU without Embid. Then potentially Syracuse? I see KU losing one of those two games.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Would love to see New Mexico beat Kansas. Hell I'd love to see Eastern Kentucky do it.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
from big12: i've got baylor. experienced, tall and talented with an excellent point guard - lacking coach. followed by ku and iowa state.
Oh course you would say that, you are a Baylor fan.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Baylor has to show up. They've done a good job recently but I don't trust them. KU should have a good shot, especially if they get Embiid back.

ISU has to get by some good teams for sure.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If KU gets past NM, I think they make it to the final four. Wiggins is just starting to get it, I think he woke up a bit in the second half against us.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I wonder how hurt Embiid really is or if maybe they're covering up academic issues?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I think KSU has a difficult 1st round match up. However, if I were in their place, I'd be thinking - "Get by UK and, wow, were in luck - playing the weakest #1 - very, very winnable."

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think KSU has a difficult 1st round match up. However, if I were in their place, I'd be thinking - "Get by UK and, wow, were in luck - playing the weakest #1 - very, very winnable."

a lot of us holding our breath, yes.
ku, no embiid, they are good not elite.
isu, lack of depth will catch-up sooner or later.
baylor, um, i'm far from a fan, but they have lots of important variables working for them.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
a lot of us holding our breath, yes.
ku, no embiid, they are good not elite.
isu, lack of depth will catch-up sooner or later.
baylor, um, i'm far from a fan, but they have lots of important variables working for them.

In the past month the depth has increased. Not sure this is a factor as much as some think anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron