Canadian vs. US Big 12 All-Star Game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Tough call because Canada would have Heslip, Wiggins, and Ejim in their starting line up. The US would have a solid starting 5 (too lazy to figure one out). I say it would be a coin flip.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I don't know if you have enough Canadians to fill out a roster like you could with the US. But it would be a hell of a three on three game.

isnt that an Olympic sport in two years?

H

HGPuck

Canada would have Ejim, Wiggins, Heslip, Chery, and Naz. The US team for me would be Holmes, Jefferson, Kane, Smart, and Staten.

H

HGPuck

The all foreign team would be made up of Embiid, Ejim, Wiggins, Hield, Heslip, Chery, and Long. And they would beat any other combination from the Big 12 if everyone is healthy.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Heslip would be a liability to the Canadian team. Not much to his game aside from being a shooter and the occasional hair flip.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think a "USA vs. International" Big 12 game would be competitive. These are the teams that I'd put together:

International Team:

Kenny Chery, Baylor
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State
Joel Embiid, Kansas
Bench: Naz Long, Iowa State / Brady Heslip, Baylor

USA Team:

Juwan Staten, West Virginia
Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
DeAndre Kane, Iowa State
Georges Niang, Iowa State
Jonathan Holmes, Texas
Bench: Markel Brown, Oklahoma State / Perry Ellis, Kansas

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I think a "USA vs. International" Big 12 game would be competitive. These are the teams that I'd put together:International Team:Kenny Chery, BaylorBuddy Hield, OklahomaAndrew Wiggins, KansasMelvin Ejim, Iowa StateJoel Embiid, KansasBench: Naz Long, Iowa State / Brady Heslip, BaylorUSA Team:Juwan Staten, West VirginiaMarcus Smart, Oklahoma StateDeAndre Kane, Iowa StateGeorges Niang, Iowa StateJonathan Holmes, TexasBench: Markel Brown, Oklahoma State / Perry Ellis, Kansas
Dejan Kravic from Texas Tech is from Canada as well. He could add some size off the bench for the Int'l team. If those were the teams then the Int'l team would roll easily. Not sure how much I like a US team with three PGs out there together.