Doesn't matter what happens in the tourney

cyrobb

Jan 1, 2012
Pleasant Hill
Regardless this will be the most enjoyable season I've watched in years, and I didn't know that was possible with how much fun McGee and White was to watch. Think we make a good run, but most of all I think this was my favorite team to ever grace the beautiful cardinal and gold. Thank You Hoiball!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You say that but it matters. Can't take away the fun we've had but the shine comes off quick if we pull a Hampton.

That said id be thrilled with a S16 any more would be gravy.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Was talking about that last night at the keg stand. This team just has so much personality, and look like they are as close a team as I've ever seen......I think the tinsley, Fizer teams would have beaten this team (I can see the arguement the other way though)....but this team seems like they have a blast together.
definitely one of my favorite groups.

but not if we get Hamptoned.

hamptoned.....verb.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Awesome and most fun season in recent memory. But let's not kid ourselves it definitely does matter what happens in the tourney. A lot.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I wouldn't say that it doesn't matter but there have been an amazing amount of ridiculously fun games this year. Michigan, BYU, UNI, Iowa, Baylor part 1 and 3, TCU (the Ejim game), Okie State part 1 and 2, and the whole Big XII tournament just to name a few.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I will enjoy this season regardless, but to say it doesn't matter is silly.

If they win a national title, you won't enjoy the season more?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Regardless this will be the most enjoyable season I've watched in years, and I didn't know that was possible with how much fun McGee and White was to watch. Think we make a good run, but most of all I think this was my favorite team to ever grace the beautiful cardinal and gold. Thank You Hoiball!

Very happy with the season right now. At the same time, to get to the next level in recruiting, goin deep in the tournament does matter. Our winning last night should already pay dividends this and next year.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You say that but it matters. Can't take away the fun we've had but the shine comes off quick if we pull a Hampton.

That said id be thrilled with a S16 any more would be gravy.

Meh...that season was a slow slide down. They had completely run out of gas after the Texas loss on the road. If this team gets Hamptoned it will be very dissapointing, but I will still look back on the season positively.

unsungbk

Nov 9, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Just make the sweet 16 and everything else is gravy.

I agree here. Let's get to the second week and everything else is icing on the cake. First or second round lost would be disappointing. (more of an issue with how the last few tournament years ended vs this year's team on its own)

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Hopefully the team doesn't have this mentality. Season is not over. Losing the first round would be extremely disappointing.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
All 3 of these last 3 teams are proving you can be a high scoring uptempo team and still be tough as nails, especially this one.