Put these teams in order

H

HGPuck

Duke, Kansas, Michigan, Villanova, & Wisconsin

In terms of tournament resume what order would you put these teams in. If we have any shot of getting a 2 seed we have to be ahead of one of them (and stay ahead of Virginia).

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

In terms of tournament resume what order would you put these teams in. If we have any shot of getting a 2 seed we have to be ahead of one of them (and stay ahead of Virginia).

Gonna be tough because I think we're in a lose/lose because Duke is (according the experts) a 2 seed and Virginia is a 3 seed. If Duke wins, they likely remain a 2, maybe bump up to a 1(maybe dropping Michigan down to the 2 line?). If Virginia wins Duke probably gets dropped to the 3 line and Virginia would take the last 2.

I hope the selection committee goes our way, but it's hard for me to see any scenario today playing out in our favor.

Personally I think we should be ahead of Villanova, but doubt we will be.

H

HGPuck

RPI is:
Kansas
Villanova
Duke
Wisconsin
Michigan

But I agree, I think Villanova is the 5th team in that group. Head to head we have a better SOS, a better record against the top 25, and no losses against teams over 100 while they have one. Their real strength is they have a lot of wins against teams 40-70 with no losses.

H

HGPuck

Duke is a team that has been great at home but done next to nothing on the road. They are probably my 4th team in the group ahead of Villanova. I think Kansas, Wisconsin, and Michigan can be put in any order.

When you put our resume next to Kansas, Wisconsin, and Michigan it is actually pretty similar. Particularly if they beat Duke today, you can also put Virginia in that group. I'm not entirely sure how I would order Kansas, Iowa St., Michigan, Virginia (if they win today), & Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dingus

May 23, 2013

KU
Michigan

Nova
Duke
Wisc

QBEagles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 11, 2014
Nova
Wisky
Mich

Top 3 are pretty interchangeable. I think Wisconsin is getting underrated a little bit. Their non-conference slate (undefeated with wins @Virginia and Green Bay, Neutral over St. Louis, St. John's, and West Virginia, and Home over Florida) is pretty impressive.

Kansas - Right there with the other three if I though Embiid was coming back.

Duke - Should be a clear 3 seed.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Kansas
Michigan
Wisconsin
Duke
Nova

Duke and Sconsin switch?

Duke lost today.

Virginia reminds me of ISU. Plug, plug, harass, harass, persevere, win in the end. They had lost by 35 and to VCU and then regrouped for the season.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Villanova
Michigan (assuming a W today)
Wisconsin
Iowa State
Kansas
Virginia
Louisville

Duke

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
A #2 is probably unlikely given the résumés of the teams mentioned, so I'm hoping for a #3 seed. I'll be a little ticked if we're given a #4 seed considering all the teams ranked in the teens that lost in their conference tournaments.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Villanova
Michigan (assuming a W today)
Wisconsin
Iowa State
Kansas
Virginia
Louisville

Duke

Virginia
Michigan
Louisville
Iowa State

Kansas
Duke
Wisconsin

I find it interesting how much hype ESPN spent on Wiggins and Jabari parker and bot their teams lost in conference tournaments. Heck, Duke never won their conference.

On the ESPN replay: When ISU was ahead last night near the end, Wiggins made a bucket and ESPN cued Wiggins plays. Obviously they had been holding the clip for awhile as he shot 2 for 9 at the start.

Last edited:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Virginia reminds me of ISU. Plug, plug, harass, harass, persevere, win in the end. They had lost by 35 and to VCU and then regrouped for the season.

They are actually much the opposite of ISU. They are the 7th slowest paced team and we are the 12th fastest pace team. They are so-so on offense and good on defense. We are so-so on defense and good on offense.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Team Top 50 top 100 sos
Villanova 6-3 10-0 5
Mich 10-4 5-2 9
KU 12-7 5-2 3
Wisc 7-5 10-1 6
ISU 9-5 6-2 8
Duke 6-4 5-2 9

All these guys have great resumes and deserving of #2/#3 seeds.