Tweet JP to get Tinsley home!

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Jamaal was pretty pumped about he team on twitter tonight. I mentioned he should come meet the team. He tweeted me and JP and said make it happen.

I know flashes of Hampton come to mind, but I love when successful ISU players come back.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Jersey can't get retired but would love JT to meet the team. Prob should be in hilton, so next year. Or in Arlington would be cool too

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not gonna say it wouldn't be cool....but why should the AD pay his way? You want tickets sure that can be arranged but that just sounds like he is looking for a free trip to me.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

Spam

May 21, 2008
Not gonna say it wouldn't be cool....but why should the AD pay his way? You want tickets sure that can be arranged but that just sounds like he is looking for a free trip to me.

I doubt the cost of the trip is the issue- either for Tinsley or for the athletic department.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I doubt the cost of the trip is the issue- either for Tinsley or for the athletic department.

I agree. My point is that unless hr is being honored it should be on him to get there. If not you are setting precedent for every former player to want a free ride to and from Ames.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
I'm sure that Fred needs to know about a visit and some sort of schedule should be in place. Jamaal will need Somewhere to stay and make sure everything is in compliance with NCAA. That is what set it up means, not a free ticket.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm sure that Fred needs to know about a visit and some sort of schedule should be in place. Jamaal will need Somewhere to stay and make sure everything is in compliance with NCAA. That is what set it up means, not a free ticket.

for every 1000 posters, there's one that has common sense. Thanks for your post. As for the rest of you, do you really think either party couldn't afford a ticket and a hotel room for the guy?

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I agree lets over think things to death and have no fun at all, who wouldnt want a free ticket to the magical place of Ames, Iowa for no reason at all. I mean the town does have.............. well it does have mens basketball going for it lol.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
***cool story bro warning***

6 or 7 years ago after the Pacers cut Tinsley but he hadn't been resigned by any team I saw him sitting at a restaurant on the beach in Miami (in the middle of the NBA season) and yelled "Yo Jamaal GO CYCLONES!" he smiled and looked around but couldn't tell who had yelled it.

You're welcome everyone for sharing my awesome story.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I agree. My point is that unless hr is being honored it should be on him to get there. If not you are setting precedent for every former player to want a free ride to and from Ames.

We've done a lot to help Tinsley with probably not much, or nothing in return; I'm kinda surprised he even acknowledged us with his tweet.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We've done a lot to help Tinsley with probably not much, or nothing in return; I'm kinda surprised he even acknowledged us with his tweet.

Yeah, beating Kansas 4 times in a row, going 2-0 at Allen Fieldhouse, getting two NCAA 2 seeds, winning the Big 12 twice, winning the Big 12 tournament, being a consensus All American and being undefeated in Hilton for a career. What did that bum ever do for ISU! Let's press some criminal charges against him.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Yeah, beating Kansas 4 times in a row, going 2-0 at Allen Fieldhouse, getting two NCAA 2 seeds, winning the Big 12 twice, winning the Big 12 tournament, being a consensus All American and being undefeated in Hilton for a career. What did that bum ever do for ISU! Let's press some criminal charges against him.

Some ISU fans have this habit of turning on some of our good players after they leave- Tinsley, Shirley, Hobbs, Royce

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Did we have to give back the conference titles? This is so stupid it's painful.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Monte would have to switch numbers if we retired the #11. Maybe wait til Morris is done? Of course by then, you may have to retire the number for 2 different players.