(2) Duke vs NCS 3:00
(3) Virginia vs Pitt 1:00 Vir Wins
(2) Kansas done
(3) Syracuse done
(1) Florida vs Tenn 1:00 Fla wins
(1) Arizona vs UCLA 6:00
(1) Villanova done
(1) Wichita State done

We need to beat Baylor by a big margin to have a chance at either Milwaukee or St Louis. Mich or Wisc losing might open up Milwaukee. Wichita State gets St Louis and the only way Kansas does not get St Louis is if they are a 3 and we are a 2.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really don't buy Villanova as a one seed, I could live with about any mish/mash of those seeds except villanova being a #1...unless we're the #3 in their region I guess.

It seems like when Villanova plays a good team there's a coin flip chance they get blown out.

H

HGPuck

The one other wrinkle I would add is that Ann Arbor is about as close to Buffalo as it is to Milwaukee. So with Syracuse losing yesterday the committee may put Villanova and Michigan in Buffalo with ISU and Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Wichita St and Kansas in St. Louis is almost a lock.
We need to beat Baylor by a big margin to have a chance at either Milwaukee or St Louis. Mich or Wisc losing might open up Milwaukee. Wichita State gets St Louis and the only way Kansas does not get St Louis is if they are a 3 and we are a 2.

H

HGPuck

My best guess at this point are:

Orlando
Florida
(open)

Raleigh
Duke
Virginia

St. Louis
Wichita St.
Kansas

San Antonio
ISU or Creighton
(open)

San Diego
Arizona
(open)

Spokane
SDSU
(open)

Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Michigan or ISU or Creighton

Buffalo
Villanova
Michigan or Syracuse

One of the open spots will get filled by a team listed above depending on how things shake out and the others will be filled by 4 seeds.

The real big thing for us is what the committee decides to do between Creighton, Iowa State, and Syracuse. If we get the highest priority for seeding out of the three we are likely going to Milwaukee and Michigan will be going to Buffalo.

H

HGPuck

They can be a 1 seed or 2 seed in either Buffalo or Milwaukee, doesn't matter. It is actually a shorter drive from Ann Arbor to Buffalo than Milwaukee but only by a few miles.
If Michigan wins out in the BIG tourney they will be the fourth #1 seed...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Ohio State is opening up a possible window of opportunity for us right now. If Michigan and Wisc both lose I don't see how we're not at least seeded level with them. They certainly don't deserve a 1 if we're a 3.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If Michigan wins out in the BIG tourney they will be the fourth #1 seed...

They should get it, at least.

Also, most important game to ISU we're not playing in is probably UConn-Louisville. Hoping for a UConn win in that one.

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
They should get it, at least.

Also, most important game to ISU we're not playing in is probably UConn-Louisville. Hoping for a UConn win in that one.

Duke and San Diego State going down would also be nice.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Michigan State just completely curb stomped Wisc out of the gate. Wisc not looking like a 2 seed, let alone a 1.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wonder if ISU helped Iowa and BYU in our games in their precarious positions. If we win, will that help them get over the hump?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
MSU about to double up Wisconsin. I don't think we want to see them in our bracket because they will be underseeded.

Even before this game I'd have much preferred drawing Wisc to MSU. I haven't understood the talk of Wisc as a potential 1 seed. I don't think they deserve a 2 seed any more than us, especially if we finish this off tonight.

MSU is kind of like OK State in terms of seeding. MSU is a better team than OK State, but both are better than their record. Nobody is going to want MSU as a 4 seed in their region if that's what they end up as.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
I think it would be hilarious if WSU draws OSU and MSU in their bracket.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Wisconsin loss has me starting to smell that #2 seed. Just win tonight and I think we have to be looked at very seriously for a 2.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My best guess at this point are:

Orlando
Florida
(open)

Raleigh
Duke
Virginia

St. Louis
Wichita St.
Kansas

San Antonio
ISU or Creighton
(open)

San Diego
Arizona
(open)

Spokane
SDSU
(open)

Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Michigan or ISU or Creighton

Buffalo
Villanova
Michigan or Syracuse

Legit forecast.

Louisville may get that other San Antonio or Orlando if it rises to a 3. It's on its way to winning AAC, so I won't be surprised if Syracuse is dropped to a 4.

At least one of the west-coast second slots is going to an out-of-region team. If UCLA wins Pac-12 tournament, does it rise enough to a 4 to get the other San Diego slot? Or moved to Spokane as a 5 with out-of-region 4?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron