Hoiberg Coached his *** off tonight!!!

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Coached his *** off tonight. Great plays out of timeouts, great in-bounds plays, great use of time-outs, great substitutions.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
yeah, really subbed well, was ready to go in both halfs, greeat out of TO plays....great job from Freddy

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Re: Hoiberg Coached his *** of tonight!!!

Out Selfed Self with a properly timed Technical :jimlad:

This. Outside of that small initial run they had, we dominated the rest of the way. Self got completely out coached, and that doesn't happen very often.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
I thought the most impressive part of his coaching job tonight was the way he moved on from getting T'd up and redirected that back on himself. Our guys responded perfectly by having amnesia over that BS 6 point play and storming right back.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Coached his *** off tonight. Great plays out of timeouts, great in-bounds plays, great use of time-outs, great substitutions.

And great use of the Technical too as it seemed to frighten the zebras into calling this game evenly after that point. I loved the sideline reporter's comment who eavesdropped on the timeout huddle. Fred said "Sorry guys, my fault, we are a better team when you play poised and I coach poised."

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...a punch to anyone during his 'tirade' would've been just fine by me.

I like the way Fred stays calm most of the time because it makes it that much more awesome when he gets fired up.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I said this in the game thread, but deserves a mention here too. Doc Sadler is phenomenal. He is constantly giving Fred suggestions, and Fred is always listening to him. And when he's not strategizing with Fred, he's coaching some player on the bench. It's very clear that Fred and the players have a ton of respect for Doc.

He has been a great hire.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I said this in the game thread, but deserves a mention here too. Doc Sadler is phenomenal. He is constantly giving Fred suggestions, and Fred is always listening to him. And when he's not strategizing with Fred, he's coaching some player on the bench. It's very clear that Fred and the players have a ton of respect for Doc.

He has been a great hire.

Great point. Didn't know much about Doc when he was at Nebby, but he really seems to connect with the guys and is always coaching.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
And great use of the Technical too as it seemed to frighten the zebras into calling this game evenly after that point. I loved the sideline reporter's comment who eavesdropped on the timeout huddle. Fred said "Sorry guys, my fault, we are a better team when you play poised and I coach poised."

This. They finally got the message. KU isn't so great when they don't get all the calls.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron