Share your best Kansas City stories here

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Westport and rolled out of bed for the complimentary breakfast about 8am. While we were standing in line the food service workers kept chirping "Rock chalk" & "go KU".

Kent looks one of them in the eye and says "this is why you're on THAT side of the line and we're on THIS side."

If he would have been holding a microphone, that would have been a good place to drop it.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not related to the Big 12 tournament, but at a flooring convention, we paid the cabbies extra to race the other salespeople's cab back to the hotel from Kelly's. We also left one of our people on the elevator because he was too drunk to realize that we had stopped and gotten off at our floor.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Love the Embassy at Westport. Stay there every time we're in KC. Quick shuttle trip down to the plaza, can walk to Kelly's/west port bars, easy drive to downtown.

My favorite memory was watching the ISU/Kentucky game in the lobby last year. Even though we lost, when we made the run to tie it, everyone was going nuts. Was just a fun atmosphere to be around.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Not really a story, but I've seen a lot of Missouri and Iowa fans taking in the Big 12 Tournament festivities. I think they're lost.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This isn't 100% about Kansas City, but there was this one time that Iowa lost to 11th seeded Northwestern in the first round of the Big 10 tournament, and all of the ISU fans in Kansas City laughed in unison. It was awesome.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I met Travis Ford at the Westin. I asked what he thinks about foul or defend while I was in head to toe ISU gear. He just walked away.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Westport and rolled out of bed for the complimentary breakfast about 8am. While we were standing in line the food service workers kept chirping "Rock chalk" & "go KU".

Kent looks one of them in the eye and says "this is why you're on THAT side of the line and we're on THIS side."

If he would have been holding a microphone, that would have been a good place to drop it.

What was the reaction/response from them?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Speaking of Embassy Suites. That was a regular hangout for several years, very easy walk from Kelly's. Haven't been in few years. Do they still have the Happy Hour?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Probably glad you already had your food at that point so no "tampering" could be done.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Probably glad you already had your food at that point so no "tampering" could be done.

This was my first reaction. "Jesus, Kent. Don't jerk with the people who will spit in our food."

The best part of the exchange was Kent going nuclear right off the bat. No escalation. No back & forth. Just throwing the heater inside on the first pitch.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I went to a chiefs game and they beat the packers. Oh you mean this weekend?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This was my first reaction. "Jesus, Kent. Don't jerk with the people who will spit in our food."

The best part of the exchange was Kent going nuclear right off the bat. No escalation. No back & forth. Just throwing the heater inside on the first pitch.

Nothing like a little chin music to start of the AB

ken

Dec 28, 2008
I'm at the Embassy Suites as well. They do still have the Happy Hour, but it's very generic. Their staff was not prepared for the busy breakfast rush this morning.

Anyway, my story is from the game. At the 1:00 mark, a drunk lady fell down 4 rows on top of us. She was dangerously close to going over the balcony. Her husband didn't even rush down to help her at first. He was just yelling "are you OK?" She was so hammered, she just said "no, I'm not OK, I told you I needed to go NOW!" The lady she fell on tried to help her and she just yelled "don't touch me!" We were trying to root on the team at the critical point in the game while all this was happening.