Steve Stone - White Sox Broadcasts

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
WSCR (670 Chicago) announced that Chris Singleton is leaving to work for ESPN and will be replaced by Steve Stone! This is great news for those who listen to the White Sox via the radio! Now if someone would hire Ed Farmer away it would make my day! I never thought I would say it...but I am thrilled to have Steve Stone on the SouthSide! He does a great job covering baseball...knows the game as well as anyone! Still though...I wish they would have moved DJ to radio and put Stone with Hawk! When they worked together in the past it was the best broadcasts I have heard in a long time!

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Why would the South Side want a Cub's fan as their announcer? The thing I always liked about him was he was always honest and real. Wouldn't sugar coat things. I was really upset with the Cubs Management for letting him go because of the true things he said about Dusty Baker.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
As a Cubs fan that really blows. I had hoped that with Andy McPhail out of the picture it would have opened the door for Stoney to return to the North Side. He is hands down the Best color man in the business.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
He is going to have to learn to speak much slower and use many more four letter words.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
As a Cubs fan that really blows. I had hoped that with Andy McPhail out of the picture it would have opened the door for Stoney to return to the North Side. He is hands down the Best color man in the business.

I thought he might return to the Cubs as well when ownership changed hands. I agree that he is the best analyst in baseball...that is why I like him coming to the SouthSide! As I said though...too bad Ed Farmer is still on the broadcast!

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
I have always liked Stoney. I grew up listening to him and Harry and always had a fondness for that tandem. They were to me what Madden/Summeral was to football. Glad to have Steve on the South Side.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
You know what's cool? A World Title in the last century. Hell, two of em!

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
You know what's cool? A World Title in the last century. Hell, two of em!

I would have pasted a picture of a cookie for you but I am too lazy....

Comisky or whatever they call it now has no atmosphere and is a dead park. Add to it going through the DMZ to get there and you can have it.

Of course, most Sox fans not actually from the Southside just like them so they can be different from Cubs fans.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I would have pasted a picture of a cookie for you but I am too lazy....

Comisky or whatever they call it now has no atmosphere and is a dead park. Add to it going through the DMZ to get there and you can have it.

Of course, most Sox fans not actually from the Southside just like them so they can be different from Cubs fans.

Nah, fell in love with Frank Thomas and they've been my team ever since.

Although, not being a Cubs fan is an extra perk. US Cellular is MUCH nicer than Wrigley. You can keep your ambiance or whatever.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Ring :yes:

Once again another sign of the defeated acknowledging the greatness of a Champion:

kiss-kiss-for-daddy.jpg