NFL: *** Official NFL Off-season Thread ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
With FA beginning soon, there has already been some notable cuts and releases. Just to name a few,

Hester not coming back to Bears

Bailey cut by Denver

Sproles out in New Orleans

Should be an interesting off-season.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Chiefs Free Agents

- Brandon Albert to the Dolphins
- Geoff Schwarts probably not coming back
- Jon Asamoah probably not going back
- Dexter McCluster NOT coming back
- Tyson Jackson will most likely resign

Should be interesting to see what they do, that is 3 guys who all started on the Oline this past year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Chiefs Free Agents

Should be interesting to see what they do, that is 3 guys who all started on the Oline this past year.

Several reports emerging that Asamoah is going to sign with ATL. Report: Jon Asamoah will land with Falcons | ProFootballTalk

Other reports are that Ravens DE Arthur Jones is close to an agreement with the Colts and ARI WR Andre Roberts is going to sign with the Redskins. I like the Roberts move for the Redskins. He's been a very productive #2 receiver opposite Larry Fitzgerald and he and Garcon should put up good numbers no matter who is under center in DC.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Chiefs Free Agents

I've heard Cleveland is interested in this guy. Don't know much about him.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Im interested to see how the WR market plays out.

Tate, Decker, Edelman, Holmes, and rumor is Steve Smith and Nicks will be looking for new teams.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Tate, Decker, Edelman, Holmes, and rumor is Steve Smith and Nicks will be looking for new teams.

I'm more interested in the D-backs that are available:
Tracy Porter
Aqib Talib
Domique Rodgers-Cromartie
Antonio Cromartie

And the strong chance that Darrelle Revis will be cut by the Bucs sometime this week.

As a Vikings fan I'm interested to see who they pursue, because CB is a major concern that needs to be addressed this off-season.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Decker is going to get overpaid. Call it the Manning Effect. He's a decent receiver with inflated stats. Hakeem Nicks wants a long term deal, which won't happen. He'll get a one year deal that will allow him to prove he can still b a healthy and productive player.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm more interested in the D-backs that are available:
Tracy Porter
Aqib Talib
Domique Rodgers-Cromartie
Antonio Cromartie

And the strong chance that Darrelle Revis will be cut by the Bucs sometime this week.

As a Vikings fan I'm interested to see who they pursue, because CB is a major concern that needs to be addressed this off-season.

The market on corners has been set by the Dolphins and Packers. Miami gave Brent Grimes a four year deal worth 32 mil and Sam Shields got four years and 39 mil from Green Bay. Going into the offseason they were generally regarded as the top FA options at their position. And don't forget Vontae Davis - he and Talib will probably receive comparable deals.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Lamarr Houston to Chicago. That's a decent pickup for them.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
It's time for Jerry Jones to die. Sorry if that is crude, but that franchise will continue to head south as long as he is alive. Seriously **** you Jerry.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I get that the Pats have had success in the past with kind of a no-name receiving corps, but at some point, especially after this past year, don't you have to pony up a little bit? I mean, Edelman was their most consistent receiver this year. Amendola and Gronk can't stay on the field, but Edelman was starting to look like Welker 2. I can't figure out why they wouldn't bring him back.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Contract details released? I like it at the right price. He's more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher so I would hope they didn't break the bank.

5 years $35 million. That's not too bad. And he plays right at around 300lbs, iirc. they might move him around on the line some.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Contract details released? I like it at the right price. He's more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher so I would hope they didn't break the bank.
$15 million guaranteed, $21 million in first three years of deal.

The run defense just got much, much better.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
$15 million guaranteed, $21 million in first three years of deal.

The run defense just got much, much better.

Is Melton going to re-sign?