Fan angrily confronts Hawaii coach

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
From the looks of it, UCSB doesn't have any security at all.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
They need to suspend that kid immediately. You can't jump on Smart and then not handle that just as severely.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Kick him out of school.
Seriously? Seems a little extreme to me. No more sports for sure - but out of school seems a little excessive. If he would have physically attacked him I would probably agree, but for this I don't think so.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Seriously? Seems a little extreme to me. No more sports for sure - but out of school seems a little excessive. If he would have physically attacked him I would probably agree, but for this I don't think so.

Banned from sporting events for the year, temporary school suspension. FWIW I thought Smart's punishment was ridiculously light. If he does that a year from now he's looking at a full year suspension automatic and instantly with no room for debate. In comparison...3 games.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Banned from sporting events for the year, temporary school suspension. FWIW I thought Smart's punishment was ridiculously light. If he does that a year from now he's looking at a full year suspension automatic and instantly with no room for debate. In comparison...3 games.

If some player had taken this kid down, I'd be fine with it. Anything short of a kill shot.

I'd ban the kid from future events. His jersey said "Class of '14." Can't really kick the genius out now, but he'll be gone soon enough.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If some player had taken this kid down, I'd be fine with it. Anything short of a kill shot.

I'd ban the kid from future events. His jersey said "Class of '14." Can't really kick the genius out now, but he'll be gone soon enough.

Do what Stanford did to Chuck Bartowski - kick him out of school 12 credits shy of graduation. If the diploma means that much, let him spend 5 years at the Buy More and another 2 years as the Intersect.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, but how about the Hawaii player who comes off the bench? Izzo wants to know where the auto ejection was?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I've never seen anything quite like it. Fans have entered "field of play" many times, of course, but I don't recall a fan being able to take what's almost a leisurely stroll to get involved in the action.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Why is he wearing a girl's headband thingy? Is that the new thing now?

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
Do you suppose it's in the contract that to coach for Hawaii you must wear Hawaiian shirts at all times? Even road games.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Do what Stanford did to Chuck Bartowski - kick him out of school 12 credits shy of graduation. If the diploma means that much, let him spend 5 years at the Buy More and another 2 years as the Intersect.

Whoa whoa whoa, I hope they don't send someone like Walker. Maybe they can send him another Casey.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Copious amounts of alcohol + school spirit is not always a good mixture.

To me, it almost looks like someone dared him to go do it; maybe he got a few bucks out of it or at least a few burrito or something.

The young d-bag is lucky he didn't get clocked by one of the Hawaii players.