Spring Football Preview: The offense

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Good stuff Chris!

I hope the ManGenius can make the learning curve small. I'd love to see these guys come right out of the gate and hang 30+ on North Dakota State. That may be wishful thinking, but that's why I'm a fan!

Also, I can't believe you wrote an article about the offense and didn't mention Lazard once! It will be interesting to see where he fits in this year with a WR group that appears to be quite talented and deep.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Oh yeah, football. Isn't it wonderful to have a compelling basketball team that doesn't let you really focus on spring football?

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
One thing that will be interesting to watch with the wide receivers. Mark Mangino made it pretty clear on the call in show that you better excel at blocking if you want to play.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
It's all about line play. If the line blows again, the offense will be awful again. I know its popular to hang this on Mess, but not even Jesus himself could have gotten much out of offense with that horsehit line last year. QB play didn't help either.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Football, Football, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Attachments

• nod-happy.gif
    nod-happy.gif
    515.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
It's all about line play. If the line blows again, the offense will be awful again. I know its popular to hang this on Mess, but not even Jesus himself could have gotten much out of offense with that horsehit line last year. QB play didn't help either.
I think Jesus would make a fine OC and would also be a great OL coach if allowed to focus solely on that area. Compassionate leader, walks on water.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think Jesus would make a fine OC and would also be a great OL coach if allowed to focus solely on that area. Compassionate leader, walks on water.

I think you have to have Moses as OL coach, if he can teach that whole parting the seas thing we could really open up some nice running lanes.

Last edited:

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
O-line play needs to be much improved, and if players stay healthy it will be (knock on wood). In saying that there was certainly more Mess could have done to work past the struggles, IMO.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
CPR has been missing a "good" offense his entire time here. I'm hoping this year will be that. (Or at least closer to that) :yes:

JCloned2

Dec 29, 2008

Other than that healing thing of course... ;-)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Then there's the whole healing thing. I imagine Shaban Dika, Ethan Tuftee and Kyle Lichtenberg would have all been reaching for the hem....just for starters. :yes:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Ok, to the guy who commented below the actual article, really? Lanning will be a RS freshman next year and you are already saying he *has* to play or he will transfer? Give me a break. If he can help the team, he will play. But don't go around speculating that a kid who will be participating in his first spring practices is going to transfer if he doesn't see the field next year. That's just stupid.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
For those of you who didn't have time to read the entire article, here's a quick visual of who CW thinks needs to step up on offense this year:

Roger_Rabbit_by_Violet_Gypsy.png
50983ae5e3a0d4eefafd.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron