Antoine Mason

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
The next great transfer candidate for Iowa State?

ANTOINE MASON - Niagara (Red shirt Jr. - Guard)
25.3 pts. per game

PERSONAL
Born in Queens, N.Y….Son of 14-year NBA veteran and all-star Anthony Mason and Latifa Whitlock…Has a brother, Anthony Jr….Majoring in finance.

Niagara University Athletics - Antoine Mason - 2013-14 Men's Basketball

Antoine Mason Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Niagara Purple Eagles - ESPN

Meet Antoine Mason, the NCAA's Runaway Scoring Leader with a Famous Father | Bleacher Report

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/s...ust-like-his-father.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=1

You better believe he'll be on our coaching staff's radar.

*Could be our next DeAndre Kane*

(Thought he deserved his own thread, instead of derailing another.)

Antoinemason.jpg

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Interesting...got injured his freshman year and redshirted. I saw an article where pops said he didn't really like the way they utilizing him at Niagra. Would be amazing.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Good find WalkingCy! Someone should have Chris Williams put a bug in Coach Hoiberg's ear about this guy! Solid numbers!

Gotta give some cred to Cy2Final4 as well. (Knew about him per an east coast write-up.)

Agreed though, the guy can transfer next year and be ready to play for anybody.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
From the NYTimes article linked in the OP:
"He is on course to graduate in May with a degree in finance, leaving him with one year of eligibility. Although Casey said he expected him to stay, he might enhance his N.B.A. prospects by transferring to a program with greater exposure and proving he can flourish against better competition."

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
It should be noted that he hasn't confirmed that he is transferring, unless I'm mistaken. But he is eligible to.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
He has been shooting poorly from three, at least sense the start of February. I would think we want a great shooter. Hopefully there are other factors affecting his percentages.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
If that is the case, our staff or anyone elses are not permitted to speak to him.

I wonder if that applies to contacting his parent(s)? I would be surprised if the staff doesn't already know about him.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Let's get this sucker up to 5,000 replies now. Then when he actually says he's transferring we have a head start on the 13k record that kid from Vegas had.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The next great transfer candidate for Iowa State?

ANTOINE MASON - Niagara (Red shirt Jr. - Guard)
25.3 pts. per game

PERSONAL
Born in Queens, N.Y….Son of 14-year NBA veteran and all-star Anthony Mason and Latifa Whitlock…Has a brother, Anthony Jr….Majoring in finance.

Niagara University Athletics - Antoine Mason - 2013-14 Men's Basketball

Antoine Mason Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Niagara Purple Eagles - ESPN

Meet Antoine Mason, the NCAA's Runaway Scoring Leader with a Famous Father | Bleacher Report

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/s...ust-like-his-father.html?hpw&rref=sports&_r=1

You better believe he'll be on our coaching staff's radar.

*Could be our next DeAndre Kane*

(Thought he deserved his own thread, instead of derailing another.)

Antoinemason.jpg

I didn't know that he was transferring. If he came here that would give us a huge boost and let Matt Thomas come off the bench where he seems more comfortable. This guy is the definition of someone he really need for next season

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He has been shooting poorly from three, at least sense the start of February. I would think we want a great shooter. Hopefully there are other factors affecting his percentages.

Don't do this. I said this about Kane. Boy, was I wrong.

In my defense I also said Monte would be getting more minutes than any other freshman and would be starting by conference. I was pretty close on the timeline there.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I didn't know that he was transferring. If he came here that would give us a huge boost and let Matt Thomas come off the bench where he seems more comfortable. This guy is the definition of someone he really need for next season

Nobody "knows" that he is transferring, but it is a pretty similar situation to Kane's a year ago. Obviously this will pick up speed if Mason does indeed say that he is transferring.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Also, I don't pay much attention to drafts and things but what are the odds a guy like this is able to take a shot at the Pros? Kane wasn't the leading scorer nationally so the comparison doesn't really apply.