Poor Felix Pie

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Didnt Alfonso Soriano break a finger catching fly balls off a pitching machine?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Ouch. Nothing hurts worse than an injury to the clangers. I cant imagine how bad a twist is.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I know another guy who had that injury before. Had he not gone straight to the ER, he would have been half the man he used to be due to blood being cut off.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I know another guy who had that injury before. Had he not gone straight to the ER, he would have been half the man he used to be due to blood being cut off.

How does one twist a testicle?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sounds like a band name. "LIVE, one night only! Twisted Testicle! with extra special guest RATT for a once in a lifetime rockin' event!"

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Ouch. Nothing hurts worse than an injury to the clangers. I cant imagine how bad a twist is.

In HS, I played a lot of first base, and for some reason my "protective cup" was a magnet for sharp grounders. It was rather comical (and oddly satisfying) to hear that "thwock" sound. But imagining what it woulda felt like without it makes me cringe.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I was a catcher in HS and took several shots, NEVER without a cup. Plumbing still works though since I have a 2 year old with one on the way.
I don't even do anything regarding slowpitch without a cup anymore.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
My junior year I SOMEHOW forgot my cup for an away game.

Sure enough, I had a ground ball GRAZE me. I am sure it was way better than taking a solid shot but sometimes I think getting grazed is worse. I truthfully thought I was going to puke. Never forgot that thing again.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
In HS, I played a lot of first base, and for some reason my "protective cup" was a magnet for sharp grounders. It was rather comical (and oddly satisfying) to hear that "thwock" sound. But imagining what it woulda felt like without it makes me cringe.

I bet. I once had a quarter in pocket and the pocket happened to be swinging in front of the boys on a pop fly I was running after. Missed the catch and the ball hit the quarter which was centered on boy number 1. I was down for at least 10 minutes. Cups are an essential ever since.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sounds like a band name. "LIVE, one night only! Twisted Testicle! with extra special guest RATT for a once in a lifetime rockin' event!"

They have a national festival for that cow item in the spring near the SAC Museum. The restaurant that serves the item daiily is called Around the Bend right off I-80 to the south half a mile towards the Doorly Safari Park west of Platte River. Hmmm yummmm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron