Start Ellerman (and Palo) on Senior Day

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
The best time to let our bench seniors get their time on Senior Day is at the start of the game. Our first five minutes is unproductive even when we're playing well. Give Bubu and Tyler the spotlight of the starting announcement and put them on the floor at tip in place of Monte and Hogue. If they're a liability then replace them at the first dead ball. If they're holding their own, let them have their minutes.

tl;dr Give them their spotlight and get it out of the way early.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The best time to let our bench seniors get their time on Senior Day is at the start of the game. Our first five minutes is unproductive even when we're playing well. Give Bubu and Tyler the spotlight of the starting announcement and put them on the floor at tip in place of Monte and Hogue. If they're a liability then replace them at the first dead ball. If they're holding their own, let them have their minutes.

um no... and see bolded, we don't need to start in an even bigger hole than we normally do.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
And then when Niang comes in and scores a ton, it will help our all important "bench points" statistic.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
As special as Sr day will be for Ejim, it will be equally as awkward for Bubu.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
WIN THE GAME #1...............let seniors play if the game is won. Too much riding on this one for seeding. If we were 13-15, fine play the bench guys. But this means too much to lose an opportunity for even 1 extra point.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I go back and forth on this. i think the seniors deserve the recognition (and they DO get that with the framed jersey and stuff) as they all have worked hard in practice to make the team what it is, but it is about winning. Yes, would be GREAT to be up 20 with 2 mins to go and cycle them in (or cycle them out for a standing o), but I think even Ellerman knows that it's not about PT on senior day. Remember, he gets a NC ring too if we go that far, so seeding is what is needed now. :spinny:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This isn't high school. The number one goal is to win. And this is the type of opponent and game that Ellerman probably won't get 1 second of PT.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Great idea!
:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
This is not a good idea, no offense.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
As special as Sr day will be for Ejim, it will be equally as awkward for Bubu.

I just hope the fans are respectful. If you don't like him or disagree with him being on the team, just don't applaud. I hope the fans don't boo him. He is really good friends with many on the team, especially Ejim, and disrespecting him would just be low class IMO.