wish bubu could play

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
with our season long inconsistent bench, would be nice to have one more option out there for a spark. i know he wasn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, but he could at least spell the starters for a few minutes without much of a drop off in production. he plays good D and makes good decisions.

fred's hands must be tied on this. no other reason to not play him when we only go 7 deep in terms of meaningful minutes. keeping him on the bench could be costing us games now and in the future.

guess you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one gets full first though.

bummer the way things panned out for him.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
with our season long inconsistent bench, would be nice to have one more option out there for a spark. i know he wasn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, but he could at least spell the starters for a few minutes without much of a drop off in production. he plays good D and makes good decisions.

fred's hands must be tied on this. no other reason to not play him when we only go 7 deep in terms of meaningful minutes. keeping him on the bench could be costing us games now and in the future.

guess you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one gets full first though.

Reactions: kucyclone

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
BuBu has not played all season. Playing him now would hurt the team.
I have a hard time believing he would hurt the team in situations like Saturday. Nothing against Naz or Thomas but it wasn't their night. I don't blame them for continuing to shoot because thats what they are there to do, but it really couldn't have hurt to see what Bubu could do.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Remember when people were innocent until proven guilty?

Just kidding I don't either.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Regardless of whether you think he was innocent or guilty, right or wrong, or whatever it may be, it's glaringly obvious he's not going to play (maybe briefly on senior night). I really wish people would just move on. It seems he's happy just to be part of the team, so I don't know why people continue to ***** and moan. It is what it is.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Here come the Bubu haters, and the team chemistry experts, that know nothing about this team, or probably any team sports for that matter.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Regardless of whether you think he was innocent or guilty, right or wrong, or whatever it may be, it's glaringly obvious he's not going to play (maybe briefly on senior night). I really wish people would just move on. It seems he's happy just to be part of the team, so I don't know why people continue to ***** and moan. It is what it is.
I don't think he will play any more than briefly on Saturday, but that doesn't mean it is right. I also agree that Bubu is happy. I just think that saying he would hurt the team is an incredibly misguided statement.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is a fresh new topic for a thread. Morris Thomas Vaughn Niang Mckay.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't think he will play any more than briefly on Saturday, but that doesn't mean it is right. I also agree that Bubu is happy. I just think that saying he would hurt the team is an incredibly misguided statement.

He won't play at all. It will be a close game and there won't be an opportunity. I hope it gets to the point that he can get in thoguh.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Bubu was good enough to play in the NCAA tourney last year. The Pres has really put a bind on Fred. Will Bubu get to play on Senior Day?

images

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA

I think the future of the program is better served by getting our young guards all the playing time we can give them now instead of giving minutes to a senior that hasn't been in a game all season.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!