Songs you can't listen to without singing?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Just listening to Pandora and Pearl Jam's "Black" came on. It's extremely difficult for me to listen to it without singing. There are a couple Tool songs like that for me, too, and some classics like "Stand By Me" and "Lean On Me." I know Cartman has "Come Sail Away" - what about the rest of you?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Off the top of my head:
Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody, Dont Stop Me Now
Billy Joel- Piano Man

Also:

[video=youtube;dZLfasMPOU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4&feature=kp[/video]

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Most of you have probably never heard of these, but:
Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup
Doobie Brothers, Black Water
Sugarland, Life in a Northern Town
Trace Adkins, Honky Tonk Badonkadonk

I have a tendancy to crank up the radio when driving and sing along with whatever comes on, so there are many, many more...but those were the first ones I thought of.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I have a tendancy to crank up the radio when driving and sing along with whatever comes on, so there are many, many more...but those were the first ones I thought of.

fc,220x200,white.jpg

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Meat Loaf: Paradise By The Dashboard Light. Not going to lie, can't help but dance while singing along!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Meat Loaf: Paradise By The Dashboard Light. Not going to lie, can't help but dance while singing along!!

It has been a while, but at one time I could even do the whole baseball sequence along with him, word for word. Haven't heard that song in years. Ah, memories...!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Once I learn the words, I can never forget them, and must sing every time I hear them. Now if only I could learn school material like I learn songs.

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
In my defense, I DID say most! I'm used to being one of the oldest farts posting...

I believe my fart's age exceed yours friend. I sing along with most of my old vinyl collection, but one that always get's me going is Pure Prairie League's 'Amie'.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
If I know the words, I sing along. And I know the words to a lot of songs. I drive my wife nuts because I can usually pick up the words of a song after 2 listens. Weird talent of mine. I have no problem being seen singing in my car either.

Amusing side note: My wife is horrible at picking up lyrics, however one day on our way to my daughter's soccer game, Beastie Boys Paul Revere came on and she busted out the whole thing word for word. So proud!

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Jason Mraz - The Remedy
Sister Hazel - All for You (always the harmony)
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I'd commend someone that can get through the final minute of Black Water without singing along.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron