Offensive Line...a SWAG at the 3 deep this fall. Looks VERY solid if healthy.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
CTom FarniokSr3006'4 Ben LothSr3276'6 Jacob HomaFr2856'4
GWendell TaieseJr3506'5 Ryan GlennFr3056'4 Duaron WilliamsSo3056'3
GDaniel BurtonSo3206'5 Oni O'moileJr2976'3 Shawn CurtisFr2906'5
TJacob GannonSr3016'7 Jamison LalkJr3046'6 Jacob DunningSo2856'5
TBrock DagelJr3046'8 Jake CamposFr2806'7 Kory KodankoFr3206'6

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Love the interior of that OL, great size/strength at guard and Farniok is one of the best Center's in the conference. Some of the depth guys have a number of starts under their belts as well...like Lalk and O'moile and there's young talent coming up in Glenn, Campos, and Curtis that could really hit the ground running. This will be a big Spring for a number of these guys. I know Lalk played some Guard last year but OT seems a more natural spot for him and having Glenn/O'Moile for depth there already...seemed logical to bump him to Tackle. We'll see if that happens in spring practice.

Last edited:

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
...not sure what SWAG means, possibly road graders? Hopefully Taiese is the incredible talent we saw on his highlight tape. That dude was a pulling guard leading the block downfield as fast as the running back. 13 pancakes in one game, whew!

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
That is a huge line for us. Hopefully they will be able to keep that weight on during the season. I know many of our OL players lost 10-15 pounds over the course of the season.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Considering how many reconfigurations we went through last year due to injury, let's hope those guys on the line stay healthy this year!

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
...not sure what SWAG means, possibly road graders? Hopefully Taiese is the incredible talent we saw on his highlight tape. That dude was a pulling guard leading the block downfield as fast as the running back. 13 pancakes in one game, whew!

Scientific Wild A** Guess

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks Mesa, hope the synonym is road grader!
I also agree the wild eyed Farniok is one of the best in the league. I'm looking forward to his senior year.

Ditto! I think he'll be a beast, and his two interior linemates will follow his example.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Per urban dictionary Mesa participates in an alternative lifestyle.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Right or wrong those fifteen consist of a real live Oline roster with class distribution and everything!

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Speaking of OL, is Severs going to play C or G? I was thinking C, but CPR also said Cole Anderson was going to play Center, so maybe they both are? Just curious who we have there for 2015, after Farniok and Loth graduate? I always thought Curtis and Campos would be bookend Tackles, but time will tell? I could see those two, along with Dunning, being the backups for Gannon and Dagel this year, and Lalk at G ahead of Taiese, at least to start the year. Wendell coming to campus late won't help him most likely, but I cannot wait to see him play! Lalk definitely has the ability to play G or T which will be nice if Dagel or Gannon go down.

Last edited:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Our OL lost 10-15 pounds over the year because our ******* OL coach made them run more than any other position besides the DB's.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Right or wrong those fifteen consist of a real live Oline roster with class distribution and everything!

I love that so many of these guys had the opportunity to redshirt. Eventually it will pay off big time.

I just really hope they have the same offensive coaching staff for a few years. Allow them to build an identity and have some consistency for once.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I'm really hoping Big Dawg cracks the two-deep. A guy who was as highly recruited as him really should be ready to play by now. IIRC, he's a guy who didn't appreciate Klenakis too much, which I'm sure held him back some last season.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't see Taiase beating out two guys who started at times last year in Omoile and Lalk. I also expect him to be behind Campos in the pecking order.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think that Lalk is probably the #1 guard...and Severs may even beat out Loth as the backup center. But we'll see.

It would be nice if they weren't riddled with injuries this year.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Considering how many reconfigurations we went through last year due to injury, let's hope those guys on the line stay healthy this year!

We also have Nick Fett from Audubon back this year. He is a 6'7" 305lbs lineman who went to state in wrestling as well as lettering in golf in HS.Nick is a walk-on RS Sophomore this year. We are NOT related but I do like being able to root for an Audubon Wheeler wearing the Cardinal & Gold. He has the size to be a road grader or bulldozer but also some agility and knowledge of leverage that CPR likes.

Last edited:

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013
We also have Nick Fett from Audubon back this year. He is a 6'7" 305lbs lineman who went to state in wrestling as well as lettering in golf in HS.Nick is a walk-on RS Sophomore this year. We are NOT related but I do like being able to root for an Audubon Wheeler wearing the Cardinal & Gold. He has the size to be a road grader or bulldozer but also some agility and knowledge of leverage that CPR likes.
I have known Nick for quite a few years. I do not see him contributing in our offfensive line. Great to have kids like him on the squad, but we are (imo) in big trouble if he is playing on the line. Not a slam on Nick, but rather a comment on what it takes to win in the Big 12.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron