What business would you like?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
For those of you in Ames/Des Moines, what type of place would you like to see? Not the name of a chain store but type of place, like wine bar, bike shop, etc.

Same questions for those of you in the Cedar Rapids? Are you missing anything you think would do well?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
On the reals though I wish Ames had a furniture store, Redeker's in Boone is ok, having to go all the way down to Homemaker's is a pain in the ***.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
On the reals though I wish Ames had a furniture store, Redeker's in Boone is ok, having to go all the way down to Homemaker's is a pain in the ***.

I agree, a furniture store would do well in Ames, its one of the things that isn't covered well in the retail market in Ames presently. Some of the stores sell furniture but there isn't a store that specializes in it currently and has a wide selection.

Last edited:

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
For those of you in Ames/Des Moines, what type of place would you like to see? Not the name of a chain store but type of place, like wine bar, bike shop, etc.

Same questions for those of you in the Cedar Rapids? Are you missing anything you think would do well?

Been a couple of years since I lived in CR, but I never really found anything that was needed and not already there.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Well ames used to have a furniture store, sucks to drive to Boone or Des Moines. Tasty taco, smokey row, a really good meat market like the two on the Pella square.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron